Chapter 4

"FAE!" I yelled at her, climbing on top of her, screaming in her ears. She jumped up and fell of the bed.
"WHAT?!?" Fae roared back at me, veins jutting out from her neck.
"Look outside." I said in a calming tone now that she was finally awake.
Fae wandered over to the window and withdrew the curtains back. Light seeped in through the windows and Fae stared at it in awe.
"Are you okay?!? Is your skin burning?" Fae said running over to me, inspecting my arm.
"I guess that spell did work." Relieve flooded over Fae like a wave. She walked over to the window again and stared out into the distance, hypnotized by the blinding light. I stood away from the window as even though the ring did work, I was not prepared to step into light that strong for the first time.
"Its amazing." Fae exclaimed as Zoe walked into the room.
"Are you both okay? I heard shouting." She asked, rubbing her eyes and yawning.
"Where fine." I said.
"Fae and I have never seen the sun before. Where we come from it is constantly night."
"How do you see anything then?" Zoe asked, resting her head on her hand.
"Street Lights, not at all near the brightness of anything I have seen on this world so far! All of the lights in our realm are dim, hardly light up a coin!" I said, collapsing onto a bed.
"Well, I better get on my way to school." Zoe said suddenly jumping off the bed, nearly falling over with excitement.
"School? You have school? Do you learn spells there?" Fae said jumping up and down, a wide grin appearing on her face. Zoe had her both palms to forehead, fingers splayed, must have been all the shouting that Fae did in her ears giving her a headache.
"I wish!" Zoe exclaimed, sighing.
"No we do subjects such as Maths and English and stuff, but the best part of school by far is seeing my boyfriend, Aiden!" Zoe exclaimed, a half smile forming.
"Well I better go get ready, talk to you both later!" She called behind her as she exited the room.
"Girls, are you both alright?" Tanya called up the staircase, her voice wavering. We heard her come up the stairs and decided to give the room a quick tidy, stuffing everything on the floor into the chest of drawers and made both of the beds. Tanya walked in with a tray containing toast, 2 glasses of orange juice, a plate with a yellow sort of slimy jelly substance and blackberry jam. One of Fae's favorites is toast but I had never had any.
"I made you something small to eat for breakfast." She said, placing the tray down on the bed and listing out everything that was on it, including the slimy yellow substance which was known as butter. I took a slice of the brown, crumbly toast and smothered it with butter and jam. It tastes delicious, although the jam had a sort of metallic taste, sort of like blood that lingers on your tongue for to long. Fae ate her own body wait in toast and even asked for more, which Tanya brought.
"You girls go to a school?" Tanya asked, curiosity seeping off her body language.
"I used to go to a school once, but not anymore!" Fae said still digging in to the toast which by now was definitely cold. We sat on the bed as Tanya talked to us about enrolling us in the school which Zoe went to, Fae seemed overwhelmed at the thought of being with hundreds of other kids. I on the other hand had never been to a school before as the vampire's did not have an education system, since we had no need for doctors etc, and liked the idea of learning something for once.
"I'm in!" I told Tanya. "When do we start?"
"That's fantastic! I will get hold of the principal immediately and ask him if I can enroll you both!"
She said exiting the room. As she reached the door frame she turned around and walked back in.
"Better let some light in! Don't wanting you both turning into vampires!" Tanya chuckled as she drew the curtains back the light hit me in the face. This, I was not prepared for and the light sent me flying backwards onto the floor next to the bed.