Chapter Twenty-Eight: Opening Up

After the ride on the Ferris wheel, Adrien carried Manon on his back as they head back to Marinette's house. After arriving home, they slowly set the sleeping Manon on the chaise inside her room.

"Well that was interesting," Marinette whispered as she lightly pet Manon's hair, "interesting but fun."

Adrien looked over at the bluenette with a loving smile on his face, "Yeah, I guess it was very different from what I'm used to in my day to day life, makes me want to have a family of my own, a family like yours," he admitted.

"You're finally starting to open up," Marinette said with a soft smile as she reached over to take his hand in hers, "I'm proud of you."

"I hope one day I can open up to my father as well," Adrien replied giving her hand a soft squeeze

"You will," Marinette assured him, "I believe in you."

The two teenagers stared at each other with adoration as their faces slowly moved closer and closer together, suddenly a small noise made them jump away from each other.

"Mommy, Daddy kiss," Manon murmured as she tossed around in her sleep

The two teenagers looked at each other and blushed before turning away from each other. As they looked at the sleeping Manon on the Chaise, they turned back and rested their head on each other as they fell asleep.

*****

On Friday Marinette participated in Adrien's fencing practice as a part of the project. Adrien had notified the team ahead of time and got approval from Mr. D'Argencourt.

"Do you remember when I taught you to fence from before?" Adrien asked

"Kinda," Marinette nodded, "don't worry, I'll get the hang of it."

"Hello, Adrien, Marinette," Kagami nodded at the two, "you here for the project Adrien mentioned?"

"Hi Kagami," Marinette waved at her friend, "yeah gotta spend some time in his shoes, nice to see you again."

"You too Marinette," Kagami smiled, "We should all hang out together sometime, you know as friends," she turned over at Adrien with a wink

"Of course," Marinette chuckled in agreement, "it's been a while since we last hung out, I do have to make adjustments for the kitty section outfits this evening if you want to come there with us."

"Okay," Kagami shrugged, "it's been a while since I hung out with everyone."

"Yeah, maybe you can meet some new friends," Adrien suggested

"That would be nice," Kagami nodded in agreement, "we'll just tell our parents that practice went later than expected."

"Sure," Adrien sighed, "although someday I do hope I'm able to tell my father everything," he looked over towards Marinette with a smile, "I hope you can too."

"Perhaps," Kagami sighed, "I do hate keeping things from my mother."

Marinette watched as the two shared their difficulties and realized just how similar the two of them were. No wonder Adrien got along with Kagami so well... just a few months ago she would have seethed at the thought of any girl getting close to Adrien, but for what reason? But now she was happy that Adrien was able to open up and be comfortable around others, at least he would be able to be more open around Kagami since their parents were so much alike.

"Alright kids, back to practice," Mr. D'Argencourt said as he ushered the trio towards the rest of the team, "I suppose you can train with these two today," he added as he turned towards Marinette.