Task

Today was the day. The day when tasks were given out. Clay already knew his and he knew that George was going with them. They had spent all night trying to figure out a way to sneak George out.

Clay got out of bed and walked over to his dresser.

*knock knock*

  Clay opened the door to see a happy George waiting. George ran in and pulled Clay into a huge hug before giving him a nice peck on the lips.

"Hi Georgie"

"Stop" George was so flustered.

"Come on we have to goooooo"

   George pulled on Clays arm but he was to big. So George got behind him and pushed. Eventually Clay started walking casing George to fall forward and Clay to catch him.

"Be careful my prince" Clay whispered in his ear.

"That's king to you mister"

Eventually they had to split up so nobody got suspicious. George walked up to his thrown while all the men stood in a line.

"Uh- I- Ahem!" George twiddled with his robe. "I'm just gonna tell you your task and your gonna leave with your squadron."

George's at up and went to each man one at a time. He pared them up in groups and gave them armor, food, and weapons.

Clay watched as men slumped away to their groups. Eventually George got to him.

"You will be in squadron seven, and you will be doing a solo job" George winked.

Clay walked over to his spot. He pretended to be scared and sad so other people wouldn't catch on. But in reality he was gonna go on an adventure to rescue him and his lovers parents.

After all the tasks were assigned they were off. Clay took the backroad so he could sneak into the garden. Soon enough a cute little brunette boy ran out in old clothes.

He ran up to Clay and Clay scooped up a planted a kiss on his delicate lips making the boy go red.

"We have to give you a code name"

"hmmmmm"

"What about Dream"

"Oh because i'm so dreamy" he smirked.

"No because it's the first the i thought of and i'm stubborn"

"Whatever"

George pulled the taller male down a bit and whispered in his ear.

"And maybe cause your kinda dreamy"

Now it was Dreams turn to grow red.

They both snuck to the stables wear they got a black horse and a light brown one with white speckles.

They geared up and started on their journey.

They had to go to Mt. Feu (for my non french speakers it translates to fire in english 😫)

They rode for as long as they could in horse back but soon the mountain would be to steep. Luckily they found a kind couple who was willing to watch them in exchange for gold nuggets.

They continued their journey before it got dark.

"Cl- I mean Dream we should set up camp for the night"

"Oh yeah"

They found a wide carving a little up ahead and they settled for the night.

Dream started up a fire whilst George gathered edible plants.

"Didn't we bring food Georgie?" George blushed at the new nickname.

"Yeah but I figured our parents would be hungry"

"I can't wait to see my dad"

"And i can't wait to see my mom"

Dream layed back and stared up to the night sky. George nustled up beside him.

They sat there stargazing and enjoying eachothers presence for a long time.

George fell asleep first nuzzling even more into Dream's chest. Dream was happy for the first time in a long time.

He wrapped his arms around the smaller of the two and closed his eyes as well.

Clay loved him.

A/N sorry about the short chapter. I took a much needed mental health break and unfortunately during that time i was diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety BUT I love writing and it allows me to express my thoughts and emotions. I know SO many other people are going through much worse things and I try to remind myself that every day. Thank you all so much for over 250 reads!! That's insane!!

I love you so fucking much and don't ever forget that ❤️❤️💖