Portraits

(Authors note: if your homophobic just leave... i got some hateful comments that I had to delete last chapter. This entire story is about two boys falling in love so just go)

    Clay woke up forgetting that he was in the same room as the king. He turned over and saw George sleeping peacefully, his rosey lips and long eyelashes. Clay sat up and was about to go brush the king's silky brunette hair out of his face when he realized how creepy he was being. Instead he decided to hopped in the bath. He turned the water on and waited for it to get a good temperature. He filled up the bath and then stopped the water. He grabbed a towel and then slid in. It had been years since he had a propper bath and he had never had one this nice.

     He sat there for about 45 minutes then decided to get out. He dried himself off and reached for his clothes. They were gone. He had forgotten to grab some forgetting he was sharing a room with the king. (I couldn't help myself lol)

     He wrapped the towel around his waist praying for the love of god that George was asleep. He cracked open the bathroom door and tip toed out of the bathroom and almost made it to where his clothes were when he looked over and saw that the king had woken up. They stood there, the brunette eyes wide, and cheeks red. Clay was also red hot, the water droplets on his dirty blonde hair dripped down onto the velvet rug. They had just become friends and now Clay was half naked in the King's bedroom. Clay grabbed his clothes ran into the bathroom and let out a sigh. He was so stupid, but he couldn't help remember the kings reaction, why did he blush? Clay was the one embarrassed, not the king. He changed then went back out. The king was still laying there. Clay simply acted like nothing had happened and went to get food.

*

George POV:
    The king lied there watching the ceiling. He had been woken up not to long ago by the sound of the bathtub, assuming Clay was taking a bath. He lied there thinking about the plan they had made prior. He stayed there in his thoughts when he heard the bathroom door open.

      He looked up. A boy with damp dirty blonde hair stepped out of the bathroom with on a towel on. His hair dripped down his cheekbones and chest. George was filled with butterflies. They made eye contact and George couldn't help but notice how beautiful Clay's emerald eyes were. They twinkled in the morning light. George's eyes fell to Clay's lips, he fantasized about kissing Clay. George snapped back into reality and he quickly looked away. His face got red hot and so did Clay's.

What am I doing?! George asked himself. But who on earth gave him the right to be that gorgeous?!

Clay scurried back to the bathroom with his clothes. George layer there mentally slapping himself. He groaned. The bathroom door swung back opened and Clay left the room leaving George all alone with his thoughts.

*

Clay POV:
He headed downstairs trying to forget what just happened. Trying to figure out why he was being so creepy and watching the king sleep.

He wasn't allowed to leave the castle grounds so he just explored the palace. This was the first and probably the last time he would ever see something this magnificent. He walked down a long, narrow hallway. He passed by previous kings and he stopped at each one to admire it. The portraits were all painted using the same technique and brushes. Clay marveled at every brush stroke and line. They had beautiful golden frames with small details everywhere. He passed by at least 200 and was nearing the final few.

King Henry I
A rather large man with a king grey beard. He looked mean considering his facial expression in the painting.

King Luther III
He looked young but wise enough to where you would think he's already gone through life several times and soaked up everything every time.

King Ben II
King Ben, the king who he thought had killed his father but later found out the truth because of George. But that didn't make Clay hate him any less. The king had made his mother depressed, her depression plus her sickness killed her and Clay would never forgive him for that. He had dark brown hair much like George. But King Ben's was turning grey. He had his eyebrows furrowed and he wore a straight face. Clays blood boiled just looking at the picture.

Clay walked past King Ben.

King George I
Clay stopped. George wore an awkward smile in the painting. His jawline, lips, and eyes looked even more detailed in the picture than when he slept. His eye brows were soft and gentle. He lips were rosey. Clay stood at the picture in awe. The king was perfect. Not a single flaw anywhere. Clay imagined kissing that perfect human. He imagined what it would be like to fill the space between their lips. He imagined how warm George would feel pressed up against him. What am I doing?! Clay snapped back into reality when he heard footsteps behind him. It was George.

       Clay quickly stopped staring in awe of the painting. The king giggled.

"That's me" The king was bubbly. Clay assumed that he also got over their previous interaction.

"Yeah I know" Clay chuckled nervously. "These are amazing, their all so detailed." George smiled when he saw how amused Clay was.

"Yeah..." George giggled again.

*

George POV:
      Clay was breathtakingly handsome as he stared at the paintings. He seemed so amused at something George never even thought to look at. Clay stared at the portraits, eyes wide, with a smile from ear to ear. George was also focused and staring but not at the paintings. Instead he was taking in every feature of the boy in-front of him. George wished he could hug him and never let go. He wished he could kiss him passionately. But that wasn't allowed. Ever king marries a princess that is picked out by his father. He doesn't even get to see the princess till the day of the wedding on the kings 25th birthday. George was 24 and only had 1 month till he would be in that situation. He wished he could marry Clay instead. He would be much happier with Clay surley.

1101 Words

(If theirs any typos ignore them, i'm a mess right now and my tears make everything blurry. Thx for all the love and support on the book so far... I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!!)