Letter

Dream woke up with a groan. He rubbed his eyes and sat up. Today was the 4th day he would get to live in the castle. But soon he would go on his task....with George.

   He hadn't really thought about George much. Well he had just not about his feeling towards him. At this day and age, two guys dating would most likely lead to their death. But he was in love with George.

   He stumbled to his bathroom. He reached for a towel and some clothes and turned on the bath. He let the steam hit his faces and form small water droplets on his cheeks. He waited for the bath to fill up. And he stepped into the bath, the water stung a little when he first touched it but he quickly got comfortable. He sat there thinking. Thinking about George.

*

George POV:
He was woken up to maids sweeping his floor and one of his butlers holding out a tray of breakfast for him. Warm waffles with a drizzle of syrup. Juicy, crisp bacon and some scrambled eggs. He breathed in the smell before diving in.

Soon enough his servants had moved on to another room and George decided to get up and visit his father. He got dressed nicely and smiled at himself on the mirror before heading down he hallways to his dads room.

*knocks cutely*

No answer.

*knock knock*

George opens the door to reveal his dad lying in bed.

"Son?"

"Oh hey Father"

His dad smiled. George did too. His dad was a jerk but he couldn't help but be happy he was getting better.

"George I have great news"

George walked over and sat in the edge of the bed.

"What is it?"

"Well I found you a woman" (She's not american)

"Huh"

"Your birthday is in one month George." George's heart sank. "Your wedding?"

"Oh yeah about that...."

"Nope don't finish that. I'll make sure you have to best wedding ever son."

George nodded. His heart ached for Clay not some dumb girl.

Both POV?:

Clay walked out to the royal gardens and found George behind their tree.

"Hey Georgie!" George blushed at the new nickname.

"Hi Clay"

They sat down on the ground. George pulled out a book. He gestured for Clay to read it.

"You want me to read this" He asked.

"Yeah... my mom used to read it to me"

Clay nodded and opened the book. He began on the first page. There was a piece of folded paper.

—————

George I'm writing this note to you because I know they are coming to get me. I love you so much George. And so does your father even though he doesn't show it. George all I want is for you to be happy. If that means running away with that baker boy than so be it. Yeah I saw the way you looked at each other when he first arrived. I just wished I could've met him.

Your birthday is soon. I'll have to miss your wedding. It hurts to know you'll grow up without me there. But i'm okay, and I want you to be okay too. I love you too the moon and back Georgie. I have to go.

Love Jess ❤️

—————-

George hadn't realized he was crying till a tear drop fell onto the paper and he felt and arm wrap around his back and pull him close.

He couldn't stop the crying he just sobbed there in Clay's arms.

Clay ran his fingers through George's soft brown hair. He hated seeing George upset. He wanted to make him feel better but he didn't know how. He couldn't help think of what his mom wrote. His mom wrote about Clay. The queen wrote about him.

He held George tightly as if he were going to drift up into the night sky at any point.

George fell asleep in Clay's warm, protective arms. He dreamt of running away with "The baker boy" and living a happy life. Far away from the people who took his mom. Away from his father and this royal life. Away from where men have to sacrifice their lives every year.

* Morning

   George woke up in Clays arm. They were still sitting under the tree in the garden. People probably thought he was missing or that Clay had hurt him but he didn't care. He felt safer and warmer than ever.

"Morning" Hummed a deep voice.

"Morning Clay"

"You fell asleep on me" Clay snickered at his own remark.

"Yeah yeah shut up"

Clay faked a hurt expression. George giggled.

"Your mom wrote about me" George got red hot.

"Yeah she did"  George tried to play it off.

"Mhm did you see what she wrote?"

"Yes Clay I did"

"She thinks we should run away."

"Yeah I can read"

"Well I agree with her."

George fell silent and he turned to face Clay.

"What?!" Clay just smiled. "Are you out of your mind"

Clay wheezed.

"Your insane Clay"

"Yeah I am" Clay smirked.  George tilted his head in confusion but before he even had time to think Clay cupped his cheeks and pulled him into a passionate kiss.

George melted at the touch and kissed back. There lips connected and George's heart beat sped up. This was all he wanted. He didn't have a care in the world.

George pulled away for air and his eyes met Clays emerald green ones.

Clay smiled as he took in the perfect human being infront of him.

"I love you George"

George never thought Clay would ever say those words.

"I love you too"

Clay wrapped his arm around George's small body and held him close.

They were forgot about the castle, the kings, the wedding, all they cared about was eachother.

(966 words)

A/N: I'm tired and my mental state is not it right now butttt 100 READS!! That's insane! Thanks guys so much.

Also if there's any typos i'm not planning on fixing them.