Chapter Six- We need to talk girls.

Start from the beginning

Rick: "I would have Echo be my assistant; I would have Mickey work the front desk. She has the personality for it. I would want Jade to work with my human resources department. I don't care that she doesn't have a degree; she doesn't have to file paperwork. It's not being done properly now. Kelsea, I would have you work with our media department. I have seen things you have done, and I know you can do it. I have someone I trust that can show you what you would be doing."

Mickey: "When would this start?"

Rick: "I already have you guys set up with payroll there. If you guys agree to it, I would have you all start Monday; you four would have two weeks off with pay. There are no games, no gimmicks. You four are important to me, and I want to take care of you guys. I can offer you better. I should have done this years ago."

Echo: "Why now? Other than your relationship with Jade?"

Rick: "It's obvious why I don't want Jade here anymore. You three are being paid for less than I feel you are worth. I know what you all make. I have already checked into it. I'm not trying to control any of you. I have the ability to make life better for you. All of you have worked your asses off for the last five years. You have more than earned it."

The three of them jump on it. I don't. So much has happened in my life I don't want to make any more rushed decisions. The ones I have made so far have not turned out so well. I am not agreeing to anything. I need time.

Rick: "May I have a few minutes with Echo, please?"

Jade: "Sure."

I don't say a word. The door was barely closed when he spoke.

Rick: "What's going on in your head?"

Echo: "That I am not making any decisions instantly anymore. I can't trust my own judgment."

Rick: "I did this because of you. I care about all of you. You are the most important out of all of them. That includes Jade; You are on a different level than them. YOU are my family. I chose to be there. They are family because of my relationship with Jade. I am making changes. This life isn't for me anymore. That company has had some issues, and I have let it slide. I can't do it anymore. I am taking over there. I know that company inside and out; I don't need the four of you. I know you four need a paycheck, and I know you need health insurance. I am really putting you on payroll to come to waste time with me. I don't need you to work for me. I also know you guys just won't let me take care of you. I will require you four to come to the office from eight am to five pm every day. You just have to do what I ask you to do if I ask you to do anything at all. They will have legit jobs."

Echo: "So it's a fuck it job with benefits?"

Rick: "Exactly. They don't need to know that. I can play it off that I didn't want Jade as my assistant because of our relationship. I care about her, but I don't love her. I fucked up, not her, so I am taking responsibility for it. I know that she loves me, and I lie to her face every time I say it back. She will never know. I will marry her eventually. She gives me what I need physically. I get everything else from you."

Echo: "Why did you take an interest in me?"

Rick: "It's always been you, Echo. The day I saw you four at Lulu's and offered Jade the job was because you weren't legal. I knew that you four were close, and I knew that having her work for me would give me access to you. The last five years have been the best of my life because of you. I knew that you and I would never be together. I know you don't have the feelings for me that I have had for you. I can live with that. I just need you in my life. I need more of you in my life."