- ', [volleyball] ꒱

The next day at school, Kenma and I walked to class together. I appreciated that he was making an effort to hang out with me even though I knew he had his own friends.

Not to mention, he and Kuroo were best friends, but I didn't let our rivalry get in the way of me and Kenma's relationship. He was my friend too.

On the way to class, I turned to face him, "Hey, Kenma? Who should I talk to if I want to join the volleyball team?"

Kenma's eyes widened slightly, "You play volleyball, y/n?"

I shook my head, "No, not to play. I wanna be the manager."

Kenma thought for a moment, "I could take you to the coach after class."

"Thanks, I'd appreciate that."

Kenma gave me a small smile, "Does Kuroo know about this?"

I rolled my eyes, "He does. And I'm happy to say that he's pissed about it."

Kenma sighed, "I really wish you guys would get along."

"Well, we don't. And who's fault is that?"

"Both of yours," Kenma pointed out, "I mean, you're both smart and like the same things. You should be friends."

I bit my lip, "No thanks."

He shrugged, biting the inside of his cheek as if he knew better than to argue, "Okay. Let's get to class.

- - - - -

After school was over, I found Kenma in the hallway talking to a friend, and he waved when he saw me. I walked over to him.

"I completely forgot that we had practice today," Kenma looked at me, "So let's hurry, and hopefully you can talk to coach Nekomata before we start."

Nodding, I linked arms with Kenma as he lead me to the gym.

He opened the door, and all of a sudden, I felt small. Most of the players were already there, and their heads turned to me, multiple pairs of eyes gazing at the stranger who'd just interrupted their practice.

"Y/n?" Kenma whispered, "Why are you frozen?"

I didn't answer. My eye caught Kuroo's, and he frowned, glaring at me for a moment before going back to whatever he was going.

It was a good thing the coach came up to us, because I could barely will myself to move. 

"Kenma?" The coach asked, "Who's this? You know we don't allow people to watch us during practice. Even your girlfriend. She'll have to come to a game."

Me and Kenma's eyes widened at the same time.

"She's not my girlfriend," He said quietly, "She's here to ask you something."

The coach looked at me, "Okay, go get changed Kenma. I'll talk to her."

Kenma exchanged a look with me, asking a silent question. I nodded as if to say I'd be fine, and he took it as a sign to catch up with the rest of his team.

"Um, hi, sir..." I said hesitantly when it was just the two us us.

For some reason, my earlier confidence was gone, but I decided to suck it up as the coach looked at me expectantly. 

"I was wondering if... you, um, wanted a manager? Because I actually managed the school I transferred from -- Karasuno, so I have experience."

The coach surprised me by giving me a smile, "Karasuno, huh? You know what, I think you're in luck because our current manager got a concussion."