"My family wanted me to get an abortion, but I kept you, what a fucking mistake that was."

Delilah sobbed at her words, clutching onto her wounded legs, attempting to relieve the immense pain she was feeling. 

"When you were born, my family wanted to kill you, they knew you were going to ruin my life, but your 'papa' didn't let them. He killed them! He killed them because of you!"

She was screaming at this point, the small girl having no clue why this was done to her. She was innocent, has never done anything wrong, yet here she is, the one receiving punishments for others actions. 

"He took my happiness away, so I'm taking his."

"But you're my mama-"

"I'm not your fucking mama, don't call me that!"

All her words were ringing in the innocent girls mind.

No one cares about you

No one loves you

Your pathetic life

You are nothing but a disappointment

You-

"Delilah!"

I shot up instantly, hitting my head against a hard chest. I looked around frantically, but calmed down once I saw Lucifer looking down at me with a worried expression stuck on his face.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to w-wake you, I can l-leave if you want-"

"Shh."

He silenced me, placing his thumb on my parted lips, closing them. 

Don't say anything about his fingers 

"You don't need to go anywhere, it's okay. I have bad dreams too sometimes."

"You do?"

He hummed in reply, moving his hand away from my face, much to my disappointment. 

He moved the blanket off of us and began to walk away, leaving my on the comfy couch. 

"What about?" I asked eagerly, forgetting all about my own nightmare. He turned back to face me. 

"I'll tell you if you tell me first."

"I asked first though!"

"I don't give a shit."

"Fine! But can we eat first please?"

He ushered me to follow him to the kitchen, and I jumped up from my seat and jogged behind him, staying as close to him as I could possibly be without touching him. 

"Waffles or pancakes?"

"You can cook?"

"mhm."

"That explains the apron," I giggled out and he sent me a small smirk. 

"Waffles please!"

"Sit down, Delilah," he ordered, pointing at the barstool in front of him. I did so obediently. 

"Tell me about your nightmare."

I gulped before starting. 

"It was just a flashback, sort of. A reminder of what happened in the past."

"What happened in the past?"

"God, you're asking a lot of questions."

"Leave then."