𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝

Start from the beginning

"In your dreams, Newbie! You wish you had my validation for your horrid looks." Taehyung rolled his eyes, scoffing. He turned away and pitched again.

"Validation? As if I needed that from someone who looks like that." Jeongguk spat, huffing.

"I take it back," Hoseok said. "Just both of you, shut up, I don't want to deal with it." He added on, walking away and heading out to outfield so they could practice correctly. He left the two boys alone with each other.

"That was close." Jeongguk commented pretty quietly, making Taehyung frown.

"What was close?" He asked, not quite understanding what Newbie was on about. He continued to practice his pitch, listening to whatever the younger had to say.

"Hyung,"

"What about him?" Taehyung caught the ball, sparing a quick look to his left to see Jeongguk standing there. "You must've hit your head hard, you're not making sense."

"Forget it, Kim. Shame on me for thinking shit." Jeongguk rolled his eyes and let go of the fence, turning away, back broadly facing the elder.

"Hope you didn't think we were suddenly cool with each other. Don't forget we're suppose to be hating one another, not buddy-buddy all of a sudden." Taehyung made clear, shaking his head. He rolled the ball back, telling the catcher he wanted to go grab himself a quick drink before continuing.

Jeongguk didn't know what he thought but he knew whatever it was, he was wrong. It was almost embarrassing he believed what he did. He just wanted to sit down and pretend it never happened but those chances were slim to none.

     The captain walked into the dugout, Jeongguk sitting on the end of the bench with his phone in hand, not interacting with the elder.

"I'm seriously curious, the fuck did you think?" Taehyung wondered, pulling up his bag and grabbing his water bottle.

Jeongguk shook his head. "Forget it, ugly."

"So clever, thank you for letting me know how my looks are." Taehyung said clearly sarcastically. "Did you think we were going to start holding hands now? Because your brother likes my company?"

"No, shit face, I didn't think that." Jeongguk switched his phone off, looking over at Taehyung with a glare that could kill. "I just thought you would be a bit more mature about things, not a little whiny bitch. I bought you food and offered to help try to take your mind off the shit you were dealing with. Call me crazy for thinking we could at least be bystanders." He pushed to his feet, ready to leave before he stopped and looked back at Taehyung. "We're not friends because you can't let go of something that happened a handful of years ago. Young kids who were competitive and didn't know any better. I'm surprised Hoseok hyung stayed this long with the way you act." And he walked away, leaving Taehyung speechless where he stood.

Taehyung stood there, dumbfounded with the sudden burst of anger towards him but he knew he probably deserved it.

He just didn't understand why Jeongguk thought all would be solved and well, the two barely hung out. And even when they did 'hangout', they sat in mostly silence, devouring fatty foods.

The new pitcher let out a huff and shook his head to himself, lifting his water bottle and taking some down his throat.

***

     Practice had ended after some time later, the baseball players cleaning up the field. They had a game on Monday and it was the first game for playoffs.

That meant that the team needed to win or they would be left without anymore games.

It was a huge game against a big team, one to definitely be anticipated.