Chapter ninety one - Happily Ever After (part one)

Start from the beginning

"Right. Good." he said, rolling his eyes, "Is everyone ready?"

"I think so-" you started, before realising that he was talking to Pepper over an actual ear piece.

"Why have you got ear pieces on?" you asked incredulously.

"This doesn't just all happen by magic Y/N, people have to plan!" Tony reprimanded you in a mock sarcastic tone.

"I'd better run. See you in a minute!" Nat said, hugging you with a lot more care than Tony had before dashing around the side of the porch towards the seats.

Val finally arrived with Morgan, plonking her down in front of Tony. She was sporting a large mud stain across the front of her dress. Val was out of breath, her hair coming loose from its updo.

"Val, look!" Sif protested, gesturing at Morgan's dress.

"For Christ's sake. Are you okay?" Tony muttered, bending down to assess the damage. Morgan nodded solemnly; you grinned.

"Look, it's fine. Come here Morgan." you said, crouching down to her level as she turned to face you. You moved your hand over the front of her dress, your mist sparkling, and the mud stain was gone; the dress looked good as new.

"Pepper would kill to be able to do that." Tony told you as you straightened up. You smiled.

Y/N, please.

I'm coming!

You knew how much he'd be disliking all of this. The people. The small talk. The suit.

I don't dislike it.

You're a liar.

I'd do it a thousand times over for you.

You hadn't cried for a grand total of three days now, and you'd told yourself that you wouldn't break that streak today. It was getting harder by the minute.

I love you.

If you love me you will get here right now.

"Are you ready?" Tony was asking you.

"Yeah." you said, trying to push your nerves down. It was just your friends and family, and not even that many of them. There was nothing to be scared of.

"Right, you. Remember what we talked about?" Tony asked, turning and crouching down to address his daughter.

"Yep." Morgan said, nodding confidently.

"Good. Now go and make some people cry." Tony told her, kissing her on the top of her head and handing her a basket of flower petals. Sif and Val both hugged you before setting off after Morgan.

Tony gave you a mock bow before holding out his arm to you. You smiled and took it.

"You nervous?"

"Hellishly so."

"You have been to space and time travelled kid. You can handle a walk down the aisle." Tony told you confidently, squeezing your arm.

"I know." you smiled, walking around the side of the porch with him and listening to the 'aww's' as Morgan presumably stepped out on to the aisle, followed by Val and Sif.

"That's my girl." Tony muttered, craning his neck to watch his daughter. You smiled at the sight, trying to slow your heart beat. It was only Loki for god's sake.

Thanks very much.

I didn't mean it like that.

No, it's fine. I'm charmed.