woman from space

It was almost a month after Thanos. We all sat around the conference table as we discussed what we were going to do. Tony was still missing and Steve still had a feeling deep down that he was out there. He was so certain about it that even some of us started to believe it. He told us about someone who was helping with the search. Her name was Carol Danvers. Steve told me about her powers, and although I have never met her, she sounded powerful. Pepper arrived not too long ago, she was worried out of her mind and looked very visibly upset. Nat and I tried to comfort her but she was just too heartbroken. I began to worry more and more as time went on. I decided to take a break from everyone and clear my head. I stepped out onto the balcony and opened my phone. I scrolled through my call list and my finger landed on a particular name that made me smile. Helen Cho. I pressed call and held the phone up to my ear, waiting for her to pick it up. It wasn't too late at night so I thought she would pick up. The call went to voicemail and I began to worry. I walked back inside and sat beside Thor. He looked over at me and sympathetically smiled.

"Are you okay?" he asks

"Yes, I was just wondering, have you heard from Helen?" I asked

His face immediately dropped and wore a sad expression. My heart dropped as I realized what that meant.

"Not her too..." I state

"I'm afraid she was taken in the snap," Thor replied while looking at the ground

I placed my hand on his shoulder to comfort him. I stood up and walked over to my seat back at the table. Everyone branched off into their own conversations. Nat was talking to Pepper, Rhodes was talking to Thor while Steve was looking out the window, simply just thinking to himself. I tapped his shoulder and he turned to me and smiled.

"Hey, How're you holding up?" he asks

"Better," I smile

He smiles back at me and we share a moment of silence. I looked away after I realized what was happening. I couldn't fall back into this thing with Steve just because I was sad, it wouldn't be fair. He stood up soon after and placed his hand on my shoulder before he walked away. I turned to watch as he walked away. I felt bad, I knew how Steve felt when he left, I felt bad for how I treated him. I feel as if I played with his feelings. He didn't deserve that. I stood up and follow him. When I approached him, he was standing in the bathroom with the door open, he was shaving the beard that he had grown over all this time.

"Finally getting rid of the new look?" I say with a smile, leaning on the doorframe

"Don't lie, I think I wore it well," he chuckled

"It worked for you, I liked it," I smile

He finishes shaving and splashed water in his face to make sure he got everything. He looked at himself in the mirror then turned to me and smiled.

"There he is! I knew you were under there," I laugh

"What's that supposed to mean?" he smiled

"Oh, nothing," I say with a chuckled as we walk back where everyone was.

As we approached, something caught my eye from outside the window. I pointed it out to everyone and everyone quickly stood up, running outside to meet with the mysterious sight. It was a woman, she was carrying a huge ship and I was amazed. This must be Carol. We all rushed to the ship as Carol placed it down and the door opened. A woman came out with Tony's arm around her shoulder. He looked very thin and very pale. Steve and I ran up to help him. The woman handed him off to us and he began to speak in a weak tone. 

"Couldn't stop him," Tony muttered

"Neither could I," Steve responded

"Hang on," Tony stopped walking