29. Loyalty

• 第二十九章 •

• 第二十九章 •

-

Even with the heavy downpour still falling on them, all they felt at that moment was nothing else but emptiness. Or from Taehyung's aspect – guilt.

It was with his own eyes which had witnessed Hana take the bullet for him. It was also with the same pair of eyes which had watched Hoseok jump after the girl without a single hint of hesitation, ultimately leading them both to death.

Dead.

They were both dead.

Frozen, his jaw was hung opened as a single drop of fresh tear escaped his eyes as he refused to look away from the couple down below. Their blood weren't even seen as the waves kept washing it away, but even without the blood, he knew that they were already dead.

No one would be able to survive past the sharp prominent rocks which had poked through their abdomens, their bodies still locked in an embrace.

And then, as another thunder roared, he allowed himself to bawl. He cried and cried, unable to fathom that two individuals were now dead because of him.

Despite the rain cancelling out most of the noises around him, he could make out several hasty footsteps reaching his side, and they halted abruptly as soon as they saw the sight below. He felt a hand on his shoulder, but he was far too broken and guilty to glance up at whoever was trying to comfort him.

Taehyung lived like a zombie for the next few days.

He barely slept, he barely ate anything. The vampires had to check up on him from time to time as they worked together to put Taehyung's uncle into prison while handling the funerals for their friends.

Seokjin and Jungkook were the ones who had volunteered to hike down the cliff despite being in the midst of a storm to collect their bodies. They were reluctant to leave them there, afraid that the merciless waves would whisk them away; afraid that they wouldn't be able to send them away by giving a proper goodbye.

Jungkook was a crying mess as he carried Hoseok's lifeless body back to where the rest were. He was in denial that his friend whom he had spent for centuries, his brother whom he loved, his role model whom he looked up to – was gone.

Just like that. Gone.

But he did feel better knowing that this was Hoseok's way of loving Hana.

He remembered shifting his gaze from his hyung towards the limp and lifeless girl carried in Seokjin's arms, the bullet still pierced into her chest. He remembered how Namjoon had shed out tears of sorrow at the sight of his best friend gone, exactly like the way he had grieved for the past Hana years ago.