23. An Indescribable Sorrow

• 第二十三章 •

• 第二十三章 •

-

Namjoon was frowning.

His fingers continuously dragged through the rows of books in the aisle he was in, eyes focused sternly on the Korean History book which would intrigue him. He had been in the library for the past three hours, going back and forth from his seat to the bookshelves, repeating the same movements again and again.

Yet, still, he was unable to find more clues regarding the mysterious necklace Hana was gifted as a protection charm.

"Why...?" Namjoon bit his lower lip as his eyes caught onto a green book, rendering him to pull it out to look at the title.

Plopping back down on his seat, he began to flip through the thick book and stopped at the page where the detailed histories of the past Kings were noted in. Eyebrows knitting together, he scanned for King Lee Hyeon's name in a quick manner.

Namjoon let out a frustrated groan when the same illustrations and brief description of the King made its appearance again.

"Are you Kim Namjoon?"

Startled, the boy blinked furiously at the stranger before him, his mind taking mental notes on the man with an intimidating aura staring back at him. Namjoon took note of the stranger's branded clothes and watch, his face remaining stoic and unreadable when he figured out that the stranger must be someone of influence who was extremely wealthy.

"What if I am?" Namjoon taunted.

The stranger smirked, stretching out his arm for a handshake. "I'm Kim Taehyung, and I'm here because I can't contact Moon Hana."

"Hana? Why is she acquainted with you?" Namjoon squinted his eyes doubtfully.

"I hate beating around the bush, so I'm just going to tell you the truth." Taehyung made himself comfortable by sitting down on the empty chair placed opposite of where Namjoon was. "Hmm. Where should I start?"

Namjoon exhaled slowly. "Just tell me everything you know."

"I met Moon Hana by chance in the National Museum, since I'm interested in the sun-shaped pendant belonged to Kim Lee Hyeon like you." Taehyung gestured at the book before throwing the beige-coloured package onto the table. "We went for lunch then, and an unknown party which I think is presumably my company's rival, sent me these photos of Moon Hana and I together."

Namjoon's eyes burned with fury as he looked through the photos. "So? What did they ask for?"

Taehyung grinned. "You catch up pretty quickly huh? They asked me to step down from my position in exchange for her safety, but I can't do that for obvious reasons. Besides, playing along with their games is exactly letting them think Moon Hana is my weakness whom they can manipulate easily."