10. The Sun's Heir

• 第十章 •

• 第十章 •

-

It was during a semester break when Hana felt the same fear she had unfortunately experienced in her apartment weeks ago overwhelm her all over again. With her strong and unwaving gaze stuck onto the creature with bloody red eyes gawking at her like a tasty meal, she clenched her fists repeatedly while taking a few steps back, and started sprinting away when the timing was right.

All Hana wanted to get was an ice-cream from the convenience store near her family house in her hometown, and she couldn't believe that she would be chased after by a vampire in the broad daylight. Since it was a weekday and people were mostly working or studying in schools, there wasn't a single sight of human beings in the streets, leaving Hana to defend all by herself.

Taken aback, the vampire let out a high pitched shriek before zooming towards the human girl to tackle her down, successfully pinning her onto the ground making her scrape her arms from the harsh friction. Beads of blood began to ooze out from the seemingly small wounds, and Hana was hissing in pain and irritation when the vampire froze above her.

She watched the vampire take a huge sniff of air with his tongue darting out to lick his dry lips, his fangs standing out when he grinned maliciously at her.

"Aren't you a special little one?" The vampire suddenly spoke, and Hana struggled even more when he leaned down to lick the blood off her arms. "Mhm, tasty. Way too tasty."

"Let me go!" Hana tried to kick him away but to no avail. "HELP!"

The vampire slammed her mouth shut by muffling his hand over her lips. "Hush, pretty little thing. Just let me have a taste of your blood and I'll let you go."

"No you disgusting piece of shit!" Hana mustered all the strength she had and landed a sucker punch onto his face, sending him tumbling backwards and the girl quickly took the chance to escape again.

"Come back here!" The vampire bellowed angrily as Hana continued to run, her feet bringing her towards the police station while fumbling with her phone to call the very one person she could only think of at that moment.

"Pick up pick up pick up—"

Tears were on the verge to explode out when Hoseok finally answered her call, and she didn't allow him to speak at all as she started to talk while running away still. "There's a vampire chasing after me!"

"What?! Where are you!" Hoseok's voice was followed by the sound of a door slamming shut next.

"I-Ilsan— oof!"