26. The Phone Call

Start from the beginning

"You need to be on standby for the opening speech..." His secretary reminded, and he flinched when Taehyung groaned loudly before storming towards the stage.

"Welcome to the Kim Corp. 27th Annual Jewellery Fashion Show! This year, we are blessed by the presence of the newly appointed CEO—"

Tuning out the emcee's introduction, Taehyung gestured for his secretary who was standing a little further away to go over.

"Call Jung Hoseok and warn him about the email." Taehyung instructed his secretary as the guests began to clap their hands to welcome him onto the stage.

"Noted sir."

-

As it was a Saturday, Hana, Namjoon, Hoseok and the rest of the vampires were all hanging out in the penthouse. Jungkook was particularly ecstatic when he was asked by Hana to help her out with the rest of the plot for her webtoon which she had been neglecting for some time.

"Really? I'm allowed to look through your drafts?" Jungkook's doe eyes twinkled in astonishment.

Hana laughed at how adorable he was. "Yes, help me out please."

"Wow, you're really good at drawing." Seokjin commented while flipping through the hand-drawn character sketches she kept in a file. "You captured our features so well!"

"Look, even the moles are on point." Jimin pointed at the tiny moles on Jungkook's character's face.

Yoongi who was working on his own laptop whipped his head towards the group scattered all around the living room. "Hana, are you going to continue to use our story for your webtoon?"

Hana who was seated between Hoseok and Namjoon looked up at the pale vampire lying on the couch at his question. Tapping the end of her stylus on her chin, she glanced at Hoseok for his opinion.

"It shouldn't really matter right?" Hoseok quirked an eyebrow.

"As long as the plot doesn't reveal the real history too much, it should be fine." Namjoon spoke while placing down the drafts for the next few chapters Hana had been working on.

"I think so too." Seokjin chimed.

"Hmm, I'll try my best." Hana smiled gratefully at them.

Just then, Hoseok's phone started to ring. He frowned at the unknown number calling him, and the group fell silent at the shift in the air.

Putting it on speaker mode, Hoseok answered the call. "Hello?"

Hana jumped slightly when a loud ear-piercing static noise erupted through the speaker, rendering her to muffle her ears instinctively. The rest were doing the same thing as her, and Hoseok was about to hang up the call when a distorted voice spoke.

"Ki- ae-ng is in- dan—" The voice spoke ominously. "Do y-you w-nt to s-save h—?"

"What the hell is he mumbling about?!" Jimin whisper-yelled.

"S-save him b-fore it's t-too late." The voice spoke again and ended the call.

Flabbergasted, they gawked at one another warily. Whoever had made the call was definitely not someone to be taken lightly about.