"Hoseok hyung!" Jungkook hollered the second he spotted him somewhere near the ferris wheel, and tugged Yoongi towards where the man was.

"Guys?" Hoseok had a look of surprise. "Why are you here?"

Yoongi smacked him right at the back of his head. "How dare you hang up my call!"

"Where's Hana?" Jungkook's voice trembled.

"She went to the roller coasters to check." Hoseok gestured at the ride zooming above their heads. "Are Jin hyung and Jimin here as well?"

"Yes. We're worried sick." Yoongi sighed out. "Someone tried to access your personal files earlier, and guess who it was! Kim freaking Taehyung."

"Taehyung?" Hoseok knitted his eyebrows. "Why would he do that?"

"God knows." Yoongi crossed his arms, and then, his eyes widened when something hit him. "Wait. Did you just leave Hana ALONE?!"

"Guys!"

Turning around, they saw a dishevelled Jimin running towards them. The latter was panting for breaths, and his finger was pointing at another direction.

"Hana! There are low-tier vampires dragging her away!" Jimin exasperated. "Jin hyung is tracking them and sent me here to fetch you all."

With hasty footsteps, the group began to trail after Jimin who was leading the way. People gawked questioningly at them, but they weren't the least bothered at all.

"I can't believe you! How can you leave her alone?!" Yoongi scolded as he ran next to Hoseok.

"I wasn't thinking clearly!" Hoseok was on the verge of tears now, guilt eating him up as a whole.

His hyung was right.

Just how stupid was he?

"Enough hyung. We can do this later." Jungkook shook his head at Yoongi who was now glaring furiously onto the ground.

Upon reaching where Jimin had slowed down his footsteps, the group gaped incredulously at the location they were at. Hoseok cursed out loud before ignoring the workers who attempted to stop him from breaking the rules, charging right into the temporarily shut down attraction - The Mirror Maze.

"Hana!" Hoseok cried out in desperation, and flinched at his own reflections from the mirrors around him.

"Why would the low-tier vampires come here?!" Jimin hissed in pain, his eyes refusing to look into the mirrors.

"They probably know that our kind can't stand mirrors." Yoongi growled.

Unlike the myth that most knew, vampires actually had mirror reflections. They could see themselves just fine, just like how normal humans would see them as well, but there was a catch - they were unable to look at their own reflections without thunderclap-like headaches occuring in their heads.

They learned the truth the hard way during the late Joseon era when they were exposed to a gigantic mirror gifted by a European merchant. The mirror stayed in the house they lived in together for days, and it was for days they would suffer from the pounding headaches whenever they accidentally glanced at it; until one day when a grown-up Namjoon visited their house and figured out the problem right away.

It was safe to say they had avoided mirrors like a plague ever since.

Just then, amidst the panic welling in them and clouded minds, a strangled cry tore through the eerie silence in the air.

Which was followed by a scream.

"Jin hyung!"

"Hana!"

Jungkook sent his hyungs into bafflement when he began punching and destroying every single mirrors they came across, unwilling to give in to their ultimate weakness. He didn't care whether his knuckles were bleeding or not, all he cared was for his brothers whom he treasured a lot.

"Let me go!"

Upon reaching where Seokjin and Hana were, the latter was seen to be doing her best to kick off a vampire pinning her down onto the ground. Seokjin was bleeding profusely, but still, he continued to send punches and defended himself against three low-tier vampires all attacking him together.

"Your blood must be really special for the elites and even the reincarnation of the King himself to protect you." The vampire cackled, his eyes glowing a sinister red.

"Get off me you son of a b*tch!" Hana shouted and clenched her fist to send the vampire above her a flying punch.

Her eyes shot wide opened when she spotted the group running at full speed towards them. Her jaw dropped when Hoseok leaped high up in the air, and charged right down onto the vampire who was assaulting her to slam the vampire's head into the ground.

As the others helped Seokjin out, Hoseok busied himself by smashing his fists onto the vampire's head with his silver eyes and fangs standing out. He was really, really crossed; and the vampire happened to become his punching bag at the moment.

Why couldn't they leave Hana alone?

It was the same in the past, and it was the same now.

To him, both humans and vampires were equally disgustingly inhumane.

Hana had to forcefully pull him away from the long-dead vampire on the ground for his sanity to reenter his mind. He stared at the bloody mess he had created before him, and his bloody hands mixed with the vampire's and his blood began to shiver when he finally realized what he had just done.

"Hey, it's okay." Hana turned him around, a concerned look plastered on her face as she looked up at his paralyzed state. "Look at me, Hoseok."

"I-I—"

Tears escaped his eyes when Hana gave him a hug. He didn't dare to touch her with his filthy hands, as he was afraid that he would stain her pure soul much further.

"Thank you for being alive." Hoseok sobbed in her arms. "I was so so scared of losing you again."

"I told you before, I'm not going anywhere." Hana patted his back. "I'm right here, Hoseok."

"It was stupid of me to leave you alone. If it weren't for the guys something would have happened to you!" Hoseok's sniffles increased in amount.

"Jung Hoseok." Hana cradled his tear-stained face gently. "Stop blaming yourself. I'm unharmed, see?"

Letting out a shaky sigh, Hoseok forced himself to nod his head. He then drowned himself with Hana's scent when she embraced him again, the turmoil in his head finally returning back to peace.

-

Igeon nae drama (ooh~~)

Thx for reading! :>

Next update : 21/5/2021 (Fri, a.k.a. Butter release day!!!!)