18. The Truth Untold Pt. 1

Start from the beginning

And as expected, the Crown Prince rolled his eyes at the girl who simply stuck her tongue out back at him.

"Your Highness." Hoseok called out.

"Stand, Hoseok." Hyeon instructed, and he baffled his personal guard when he pulled him into a hug. "Thank you for coming back."

Hoseok's gaze softened. "It is my duty to stay by your side to serve you, Your Highness."

"Where are the other guys?" Hyeon asked, his eyes scanning the surrounding for the rest of his friends.

"We're back!" Jimin's giggle made the three to turn towards the source.

"Your Highness." The four fighters knelt down with perfect synchronization as Namjoon bowed fully.

"Stand up." Hyeon spoke sternly before beaming happily. "And give me hugs please."

Hana smiled at the heartwarming reunion of the group of friends, genuinely happy for them to see each other again when they thought they would be separated forever. She glanced up at Namjoon who had thrown his arm around her shoulders, a smile of his own plastered on his face.

"Am I the only one feeling cold?" Hyeon shivered when the group dispersed from the hug.

"There's something we need to let you know, Your Highness." Hoseok gulped nervously.

In the next few weeks, it was practically hell for Hyeon in order to protect the identities of his friends. Initially, he was rendered speechless and even tried to deny it by playing it off, but when none laughed along with him, he was definitely flabbergasted by the news.

Most people who knew about the swordsmen's existence were doubtful of their return, all pondering how they were remained unharmed after disappearing for a long time. Even the King himself wanted to interrogate his son's closest friends' miraculous return, but Hyeon had stopped him from doing so.

And that was how the vampires survived in the Joseon dynasty. With the invisible shield by the Crown Prince himself.

It was three months later when Hyeon was crowned hastily as the new King when his father was found to be dead in his sleeping chamber. The young King was left devastated to see his father's pale corpse lying on the stretcher inside the mortuary room, and he had spent days crying in his room after the ceremony refusing to meet anyone who tried to approach him.

"How is His Majesty?" Hana asked when Hoseok met up with her inside the palace, having less freedom to leave the palace since he had to by Hyeon's side all the time.

Hoseok shook his head. "Not good. He's still rejecting any sort of food. He will fall sick at this rate."

Hana sighed. "He can't go on like this. People will start talking bad about him which will jeopardize his throne and safety."

"I know. But he doesn't want to meet any of us. Not even the guys." Hoseok's eyes then lit up. "Hana. Do you want to try to talk to him?"

"Me?" Hana raised her hands in refusal. "What can a plain me do?"

"He listens to you well, my flower." Hoseok forced a sad smile, his mind clouded with jealousy but he knew he had to do this for the sake of Hyeon's sanity and the country. "Please try and talk to him."

"W-what about the Queen? She should be the one by his side now." Hana knitted her eyebrows.

"He doesn't love Her Highness, Hana. In fact, he doesn't love any of the women married to him at all." Hoseok spoke lowly. "Please? Do it for my sake?"

Hana pursed her lips as she contemplated, and a long exhale left her mouth as she nodded. Hoseok then kissed her tenderly under the moonlight, his dead heart crying in pain to let his woman go to another man.

As they broke off their kiss, Hoseok cradled her face in his hands. "Don't fall for him no matter what, alright?"

Hana laughed. "Of course not! My beating heart belongs to your dead one, orabeoni."

"Just checking." Hoseok chuckled, and pulled his lover into another passionate kiss again.

-

First part of their past! I'm excited to show you the rest :>

Also, I sus Butter is gonna have a mafia / James Bond 007 / Vincenzo kind of theme🕵️‍♂️🔫 🔎

As usual, stay safe!

Next update : 12/5/2021 (Wednesday)