18. The Truth Untold Pt. 1

Start from the beginning

"He's right, Hana. We are indeed, dangerous." Seokjin piped in, seriousness evident in his tone. "But we didn't choose to be one, Namjoon. We weren't exactly given a choice when we were battling between life and death."

"H-how?" Hana stuttered.

"We were turned by a vampire master who lives in the forest. We were about to die when he brought us back to his home and changed us." Jungkook added shyly.

"We didn't return for months to train ourselves. To get used to the thirst for blood and we learned how to control it." Yoongi elaborated. "Out of us, Hoseok took it the worst."

"He refused to drink for days, and we were so close to losing him when he went on a rampage for blood from the nearest village." Seokjin patted Hoseok's back.

"So," Namjoon started hesitantly, "you're saying that you guys are vampires but you are able to control your bloodlust?"

"Yes, we can. I can assure you that very well." Hoseok spoke after keeping quiet for the whole time. "I will never allow myself to reach that stage ever again."

As the breeze blew by, silence lingered in the air as the newly-turned vampires stared at the conflicted humans. Namjoon released his grasps when Hana pushed him away gently, and took small steps towards Hoseok who was already gazing at her with a mixture of sadness and love.

"Your hearts don't beat anymore?" Hana questioned the group, and they nodded sullenly.

"Ours hearts are good as dead." Seokjin affirmed.

Tearing her focus away from the oldest, Hana directed her attention at Hoseok again. She reached up to caress his face gingerly, a smile blooming on her face when he fluttered his eyes close at her familiar touch.

"But you know what? It doesn't matter as long as mine still does." Hana spoke softly, and planted her lips onto Hoseok's firmly.

Jungkook's jaw dropped at how bold his one and only female friend was.

"That woman is crazy." Yoongi scoffed while shaking his head.

"Let's give them some space." Jimin mustered a smirk at the couple, and the group left towards somewhere further.

"I've missed you so much." Hana teared up, her lips trembling against his as the first drop of tear fell. "So so much."

"I'm back, my beautiful flower." Hoseok pecked her forehead. "And I'll be with you forever, till the very end."

"Of course you will. You can't grow old anymore." Hana pouted, making Hoseok crack an amused smile. "I'll look all wrinkly while you'll still be looking exactly the same. Unfair."

"In a way, you'll be able to admire this handsome face you love so much forever." Hoseok stared down at her with adoration. "I love you so much, you know that?"

"I love you too, vampire." Hana grinned uncontrollably when Hoseok captured her lips with his again.

"My virgin eyes are ruined."

Surprised, the couple detached themselves from each other and Hoseok wasted not another second to kneel on the sandy ground before the Crown Prince. Hana remained unbothered, since she knew that the royalty was used to her not paying her respect towards him.