13. Alleyway Fights

Start from the beginning

"I can't help it! The tears are falling out by themselves." Hyeon dabbed the hem of his sleeves on Hana's face gingerly. "Seeing you cry makes me cry!"

"Seeing you cry makes me cry even more, Your Highness." Hana slumped her shoulders, none of the two having any desire to stop bawling like two children.

Namjoon was in the state of bewilderment when he found the Crown Prince of the country and his own best friend sitting next to each other on top of a bridge shedding tears with loud audible sobs erupting from their mouths. He had been searching for them for probably the past one hour, wanting to deliver the news he had eavesdropped on his father to the girl.

In the midst of hunting for the girl, he was confused to see the palace royal guards moving around stealthily in groups, but now that he had coincidentally stumbled upon the Crown Prince who had left the palace grounds at such a late hour, the puzzles in his mind clicked together into a big picture. Shaking his head, he released a long sigh as he made his way towards the two.

"Your Highness, the palace royal guards are searching high and low for you." Namjoon stated, making the royalty to glance up at him with teary eyes.

"I don't want to go back." Hyeon pouted childishly with his arms crossed.

"Your Highness." Hana quirked an eyebrow questioningly at him.

"Why are you out at night as well?" Hyeon ignored her glare, directing his attention at the taller man.

Namjoon's gaze softened. "I've heard some news regarding Hoseok and the group."

"What?" The two who were now standing back up stiffened at his words, their eyes widening and jaws dropping.

"They're back." Namjoon smiled, and he stumbled a few steps backwards when Hana threw herself onto him with her hands grasping onto his clothings.

"Where?! I want to meet him." Hana's croaked out, her voice breaking when Namjoon shook his head sullenly.

"I don't know yet. But I've heard that they're back." Namjoon comforted the girl by patting her back, and looked up at Hyeon. "Your Highness, perhaps you will be able to find out?"

Hyeon nodded. "Of course. I care for them as much as you two do."

-

21st century.

Taehyung lifted an eyebrow when his eyes fell onto the girl he had met a few times and the guy laughing next to her inside the convenience store near his house back in Seoul. He entered the store, the chilly air-conditioning hitting his face as he walked towards the alcohol section, eyes peeking once or twice at the couple giggling happily in the instant ramyeon section.

He wondered when would he be as carefree as them.

Would he be able to find joy in his mundane life?

Upon returning back from the Ilsan branch yesterday, he was immediately called back to work at the main company to settle issues on his eligibility to be the new CEO of his own father's company. As the one and only son of the Kim household, it went by without saying that the position would of course, be his; but the shareholders of the company whose age were twice of his doubted his ability, hence the emergency meeting held yesterday until today.