10. The Sun's Heir

Start from the beginning

Shutting her eyes, Hana stumbled backwards at the sudden impact she just collided with, and she felt herself falling down with her phone slipping off her grasp onto the ground. With the hasty footsteps of the vampire still tailing after her along with the repeated hollering of her name from her phone speaker, she dared herself to peek open an eye when a hand wrapped around her arm to prevent her from falling.

The tall man frowned with his thick eyebrows knitted together when he registered who she was. The same girl whom he had nearly collided with back at his apartment in Seoul.

Why was she here?

"Run if you treasure your life!" Hana blurted out while grabbing her phone, and with her unoccupied hand she wrapped it around Taehyung's wrist to tug him along with her. "Run!"

"Why should I run?" Taehyung's confused voice travelled into the phone speaker, and the familiar voice Hoseok knew too well made him freeze from the other line.

"Um, there's a vampire chasing after me-" Hana whirled around to point at the supernatural being, but her eyebrows flew up when she realized the street she was on was empty except for the both of them. "What..."

"You sound pretty deranged to me, miss." Taehyung sighed out, forcefully removing her hand from his wrist.

"N-no there was a vampire chasing after me, really." Hana stuttered out, and when her gaze met Taehyung's judgmental ones, she zipped up her lips and sighed instead. "Nevermind. Sorry for bumping into you."

After scurrying away from the cold man, Hana placed her phone back next to her ear when she realized the phone call was still going on. She made a beeline straight back to her home while doing so.

"Hoseok? Are you still there?" Hana asked out meekly while locking the gate.

"Yeah, what happened? Are you safe now?" Hoseok questioned while driving his car.

"I'm back home." Hana breathed out with her eyes closed shut. "The vampire was chasing after me, but it disappeared when I bumped into a man."

"O-oh. Send me your address. I'm heading to your place now. Keep the doors locked at all times alright?" Hoseok hung up the call after receiving an okay from the girl, and tears started to well up in his eyes uncontrollably as painful flashbacks begin to intrude his mind.

With the back of his trembling hand, he wiped away his tears and forced himself to snap out of the traumatizing memory which was still haunting him until this very day. At times like this, he often found himself despising the supernatural being he was turned into; not because he had to depend on blood to survive but it was due to the fact that the memories he oh-so-wanted to forget were unfortunately stuck with him forever.

He should have known that meeting Hana again – to intertwine his fate with her again – wasn't going to be your typical kind of cliché romance. A fool he was to had chosen to ignore the forbidding events which would unfold bit by bit, and now that the reincarnation of the Sun's heir had made his appearance, although just briefly, he knew that the damn history would be repeating all over again.

It poured heavily on that eventful night. The sky had nothing else but dark gloomy clouds enshrouding the very last bit of light, sending a never ever seen thunderstorm to hit the city of Hanyang they resided in.

They were running, their footsteps hasty but precise as they dashed through the forest with swords stained with crimson blood held firmly in their hands. Subtle pants from himself and his friends, along with the occasional clapping of the thunders were all Hoseok could hear at that moment as they continued to run for their lives, quite literally.