Chapter Three-Why the fuck not?

Start from the beginning

We both say at the same time.

Rick: "I'm with Jade, dumbass. Echo and I have a different relationship. Not all relationships are sexual, Chad."

That was news to me. It must have happened over the weekend.

Chad: "No shit."

Echo: "Let me out, please, Kelsea."

Blaze Kane: "Where are you going?"

Echo: "I am going to be sick, and I don't want to do it here."

Kelsea moves. I slide out and run to the restroom, where I barely make it to the toilet before losing the little; I did eat along with stomach bile. I hear the door open to the bathroom. I assume it's Kelsea, so I don't say anything. I was wrong; it was Rick.

Rick: "I knew you would be here. I brought Chad here on purpose. I knew whatever happened at my house was with him. I got the story from him, but I don't believe him. I need you to tell me when you're ready."

I bet he tracked my phone. I don't even care. Rick is one of few men I do trust. I don't like that he knew I'd be here, and he still brought Chad.

Echo: "It's not important. I just have to deal with my own shit right now. Kelsea forced me to eat, and I didn't want to; that is all it was."

Rick: "Bullshit. I need answers, Echo. If you think I won't believe you over him, you're wrong."

The door opens again.

Kelsea: "Rick, I need your help."

I was done, so I wiped my mouth and went out with them. Chad and Blaze Kane were standing toe to toe. Blaze Kane is a bit bigger than Chad. He'd probably whip his ass, but this isn't the place to do it. Rick puts his massive self between them.

Rick: "Leave now, Chad."

Chad: "You and I will talk, Echo. This isn't over."

Blaze Kane: "We will see about that."

Rick: "GO NOW."

Chad turns and leaves. Rick turns to Blaze Kane.

Rick: "Let me handle him. I know he isn't telling me the truth. This is my mess to fix Blaze Kane, not yours."

Blaze Kane: "Keep him away from me then. Two people in this whole world piss me off, him and her. I have no choice but to have her in my life. Keep that piece of shit away from me."

Rick: "I'll do what I can. Echo, call me later, please."

Echo: "I will."

Rick: "If I don't hear from you, I will be visiting your home."

Echo: "I will call as soon as we get home. We have some things to do today."

Rick: "Y'all, be careful. Be nice, Blaze Kane. I don't want to have to kick your ass too."

Kelsea: "I got this today Rick."

Rick: "This is your way of proving your worth."

She and I both laugh. He hugs us both and leaves. They finish eating, and we leave. Blaze Kane left a huge tip for making a scene. I don't understand why he would want to challenge Chad. I let it go though I have enough on my plate.