Chapter Three-Why the fuck not?

Start from the beginning

Rick: "You will tell me, Echo."

Echo: "I will. I just need time."

Rick: "Ok."

~End conversation~

I know Rick cares. He may think our relationship may have been different if he hadn't met Jade first, but I don't think he's cute. In the five years I have known, I have always felt he is a protector. I feel safe with him. I have always gotten the big brother feel from him, and I do find comfort in that. I also know he would make good on his threats.

I will tell him eventually. Chad works for him. I don't want to ruin Chad; I just don't want to see him or have anything to do with him. It isn't in my nature to beg people. I haven't in my twenty-four years, and I won't start now. I didn't want him in my life anyway. I did want respect, and I didn't get that.

Kelsea pulls into Lulu's Café. I have only eaten here a handful of times. They have good food. I don't feel comfortable eating in front of Blaze Kane. Especially after his comments on Saturday. I always thought my weight was the reason he treated me like he did, and I was right.

We go in Kelsea goes to a table that has a booth and chairs. I slid in next to the wall.

Blake Kayne: "You look like shit Echo."

Echo: "Thank you."

I wasn't going to give him any other response. Even after my shower, you could still see the dark circles under my eyes. I never wore makeup, so I didn't bother with trying to cover it. They look at the menu, and I don't even pick it up. I will not eat in front of him. The waitress comes over with cups of water. I didn't even pay attention to what they ordered. I just sat there and kept my mouth closed.

Fifteen minutes later, she comes back with food and sets a plate of biscuit and gravy in front of me. She gives them their food and walks away.

Kelsea: "You're going to eat."

I know I can't say no.

Echo: "My toast at home would have been fine."

Kelsea: "Not for not eating for three days. Eat."

Blaze Kane: "Why haven't you been eating?"

Echo: "Just wasn't hungry."

I take a couple of bites. My stomach wants more, but I can't eat when I know Blaze Kane will comment on it at some point during the day. It's still early.

Kelsea: "Echo Ann, don't make me force-feed you."

I groan.

Blaze Kane: "Eat your food, Echo."

I slowly eat it. I was almost done when I heard my name. I know who it is without even having to look up, but I am shocked when I do.

Echo: "Rick?"

Rick: "You told me you were with Kelsea."

Kelsea: "She is with me."

Rick: "She forgot to mention Blaze Kane would be with you."

Echo: "You didn't mention that you would be out with Chad either."

Chad: "Are you two together?"

Rick: "No."

Echo: "No."