7.2 - A New Dawn. A New Day. A New Life.

Start from the beginning

Ebony Maw bowed his head in shame, never EVER wanting to disappoint his father "My apologies father." He said as he joined the rest of the Black Order who awaited patiently for Thanos' orders to come.

Eitri who got himself slowly to his feet couldn't help but think if help would be on the way 'By the Gods, Where's Odin? Where's Asgard when you need them?' The Niðavellir King then walked briskly over to the patiently waiting Thanos.

The large purple figure stood in utter silence with Eitri next to him as they both examined the device that Dwarf King had crafted, A Golden Gauntlet with six little indents. Five in each of the knuckles and one in the back of the hand.

"This device.." Thanos started "It is..."

Eitri's irises subtly shifted upwards "Please, by all the Gods......." He hoped and prayed with every fibre of his being that Thanos' assessment of his creation was a positive one.

"Magnificent" Thanos proclaimed in awe for the device and as soon as it had Thanos' seal of approval, it also had the Black Order's as they knew that this was one block they had already overcome. "And for such a magnificent creation, you must be rewarded."

"Rewarded?" Eitri questioned.

"Of course." Thanos said as if it was obvious "Nothing and I mean NOTHING is without it's cost." Thanos said, informing the dwarf that everything has a price, it was just a case of whether you were willing to pay it.

Eitri was unsure of how to respond as now that he knew that Thanos was pleased because he just wanted this to end as soon as possible "And what is this.... Reward?"

"Your reward..." The purple figure breathed out slowly tapping his fingers rhythmically on his opposite bicep "Your reward is your life....... Your life is yours." Thanos quietly assured, the Mad Titan then gripped Eitri's wrists and pulled them up to his face so that the pair were both looking at the blacksmith's hands "But your hands... Your hands are mine alone." Thanos cryptically told the Dwarf King.

The Niðavellir King didn't understand what that meant but soon got his answer when the smirking Titan slowly cranked his head towards his adoptive and loyal children "Slaughter the rest." Thanos condemned the residents of the realm to execution, feeling it necessary to tie up some loose ends.

The bearded giant felt as if his whole body had frozen up and turned to ice, within that fleeting moment he realised that he was powerless to help his people but maybe not someone else from impending doom. Now Eitri was a good foot or so taller than The Mad Titan so thought that would give him some kind of advantage as he thrust his hands forward so that he could snap Thanos.

Unfortunately for the Niðavellir King, he was unable to proceed with his plan as his arms were locked in a completely stationary position, it felt like he was in a losing battle of tug-o-war trying to get his arms to move which was when he glanced to over to see a slowly tutting Ebony Maw who was holding Eitri back with his telekinetic powers.

"A foolish endeavour Blacksmith." The son of Thanos censured the King of Niðavellir which garnered his father's attention.

Thanos looked at the position Eitri's hands were in and smirked when he realised what he was attempting, a small ounce of respect that he was trying to 'absolve' himself. Thanos glanced back at Maw "Do as you please with him." Thanos instructed which pleased the telekinetic "But keep him ALIVE, is that understood?"

Maw nodded his head forward slightly, feeling great appreciation that his father had gifted him the task of dealing with the blacksmith "As you wish father, I will not disappoint." Maw then levitated the struggling Eitri away from The Mad Titan promising the Dwarf that metal would soon truly be a part of him.