~Chapter 17~ Old Cellar/Burning this page

-Lexington Corp-

Carmen is sitting at her desk working while she's humming to a song playing through her earphones; Atticus walked up behind her and tapped her, she turned and waved at him as he's walking towards his desk.

"Hey! What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be off" she said as she's taking out her earbuds, Atticus looked around the office and could feel something was completely off with everyone here. Atticus looked at Carmen and motioned his finger around.

"There was an altercation with Sean and Jacob earlier today and... Spilled a little TOO much tea, but saying that he doesn't deserve it but..." Carmen explained, Atticus shakes his head slowly and pulled out a folder.

"Where's Sean?" Atticus asked.

"He got a call from Peter, needed him to do something... But, tell me why you're here?" she asked.

"Uhh, right... So, the night that I took you home something happened afterward. Remember my ex-wife?" Atticus said opening the folder; Carmen nodded her head and walked over to his side.

"You mean, your late ex-wife? What happened?" she asked looking at the photos of Atticus and Kendra, and letters from Kendra to Atticus.

"I thought she was dead, but the night that I dropped you off at home, I... I called Kendra's phone that night and of course, got no answer-"

"Which is understandable since that she's... Gone..." Carmen said. Atticus nodded his head.

"That's what I thought, but I got a weird message from her phone that showed a picture of a woman" Atticus pulled out his phone and handed it to Carmen, she looked at the photos and was shocked at what she sees. "Yeah, exactly the shocking look I was looking for" he said.

"So, she's alive? How do we even begin to look for her?" she asked, Atticus shrugged.

"I have no clue, but from the picture, it looks like an old dusty boiler room" he said. Carmen looked closely at the picture and zoomed in to see if there were any clues; when she zoomed in on the picture, she noticed a broken sign on the floor next to the woman. "Hey... Look at this" she should him what she found.

"What is it?" he asked.

"It looks like the sign of the old cellar" she said.

"Wait? But, wasn't the old cellar burned down a few years ago and replaced with-" "The Lexington Mansion" Carmen said as Atticus looked at her. "Question is... How are we able to get anywhere near Peter's mansion without being invited? Tonight is the Lexington Ball" Atticus asked her.

"I'll see what I can do, maybe I can see if Peter can invite two more last-minute guest" Carmen noticed Jacob walking over and motioned Atticus to put up his stuff, Atticus looked at Jacob.

"What is it, Jacob?" Atticus snapped.

"Not here to talk to you nor Atticus; where's Sean? We need to finish what he started" Jacob asked.

"He isn't here, sorry, you have to deal with us" Carmen snapped. "Whatever beef you have with Sean is done, bro. It's done, go back to your desk and do whatever you were doing" Atticus ordered. Jacob laughed and stepped up towards Atticus; Atticus took off his glasses which made Jacob stop before he got closer and took a deep breath.

"Either you sit down or... I'll sit you down myself" Atticus insured him. "Your choice" he continued. Carmen looked at Atticus, smirked, and watched Jacob as he walked away from them; Atticus exhaled sharply and puts back on his glasses. Atticus turned to Carmen, who was smiling at him and grabbed the folder.

"What?" Atticus asked

"Huh? N-nothing" Carmen answered handing him the rest of the pictures. "I'll get to work" she said walking away.