Chapter 8 : It's a bit cold here

A/N : Hey, I'm back. I'm sorry for not updating this fanfic, I was honestly just unmotivated to write anything. Tho, I didn't want to leave it like that, so I decided to continue it ! My writing style changed, and the updates might be a bit slow, but yeah- Enjoy this chapter !

It's a strange feeling. It's a strange feeling to think about something after it happened. It's a strange feeling to think about what you could have said or did instead of what you actually said or did.

This strange feeling.. is exactly what Kokichi is feeling right now.

Lying on his bed, looking at the wall in front of him, he was thinking about what happened earlier. About the fact he knows who the mastermind is now. About the fact the mastermind.. was the person he trusted the most.

' It sucks.. ', he thinks, ' it sucks so much that he has to be the mastermind. I don't understand, how couldn't I figure this out before ? He's so easy to read.. and why did I react like that ?! It isn't like me to be all sweet with bad people. ' 

He sighs and asks himself if there's hidden cameras here, if Shuichi is watching him right now.. He can't sleep because of that thought. Just thinking about Shuichi watching him sleep makes him anxious. He should sleep. Staying awake won't help him at all. But at the same time, he just can't.

Oh, of course, he doesn't hate Shuichi. Nor does he think he's a fully bad person. It's just that it's hard to process. The way he cried when Kokichi said he doesn't hate him, and the way he was honest when he said he didn't want all of this, that there's a whole team behind this.. it's so hard to process, it hurts his head. 

 Knock, Knock, Knock

He doesn't answer immediately. He knows that there is only one person who could be in front of his door now, and he doesn't know if he's ready to talk to him again. 

 "You can come in." 

 The door opens slowly. He doesn't look at him, he keep starring at the wall. 

 "I knew you weren't sleeping.." 

 He hear a sigh, the door closing, and footsteps coming to him. 

 "Monokuma is going to announce a new motive to make someone kill you know.. you should sleep to have some energy.", Shuichi says, while he sits next to Kokichi. 

 "Are you allowed to tell me those kind of things ?"

"I mean- it wouldn't hurt right ? I just want you to be prepared for it." 

 "What is it about ?" 

 Shuichi hesitate. 

"Well- Hum- If I tell you, we might both have big problems-"

"So knowing you're the mastermind is okay for them, but knowing the motive that's going to be announced this morning is not ?!", he angrily answer back.

He knows he shouldn't get angry at him. He can't fully blame him. Kokichi wonder what are they planning right now. He just want to understand everything about that killing game and the people who Shuichi "works for". Kokichi sighs. He shouldn't have asked that. Shuichi is right, he doesn't know anything about those people, but if they're cruel enough to start a killing game, Kokichi really don't want to have problems with them. 

 "Forget that, I won't ask you too much-

Can you sleep beside me ?" 

 He's surprised by his own words. Shuichi is surprised too, but he smiles gently at him and take his hand in his.