four

⋆ four ⋆

⋆ four ⋆

"Okay, I've fixed the hood latch," Ky calls over to me, and I can't help but grin before putting my phone down on the table and rushing over, watching as he slams the hood closed. It makes me wince.

"Yeah, that's probably why it broke so quickly after you replaced it last time," I point out with a roll of my eyes, opening it up again and checking everything one more time. "Okay, it's been two years. This thing needs to start up already. Come on, fancy lady, shake that ass."

Ky points his screwdriver at me threateningly. "Don't be rude to Betty or I'll throw the arguments of feminism at your face. She's not a stripper."

"She'd be better at that than driving."

He hisses sharply through his teeth, eyes narrowed as he turns back to me. "Last warning or I'm tossing you out of here. But in all honesty..." A moment of hesitation, then he turns back to the truck. "Sorry, Betty, she has a point. Work for us, will you?" He glances at me out of the corner of his eye, trying to keep a straight face, but at the sight of his lips twitching I know what's coming, beaming at him.

That's when he breaks out into a grin. "SHAKE THAT ASS, BETTY!"

"SHAKE THAT ASS, BETTY!" I yell along with him, the two of us laughing hard and leaning against the red truck as we struggle to contain ourselves.

"Whose ass needs to shake?" another voice says, and we whirl around, only for Ky's eyes to light up at the sight of a familiar brunette.

"Hey!"

He jumps to his feet, rushing over to embrace his girlfriend, and she laughs before rubbing at his forehead with her thumb. "Got some oil on your face, soldier."

"It's grease, actually," I speak up, running fingers through my hair before realising my curls are probably dirty now. Oh well, getting dirty is part of the fun.

Alex has really ruined the state of my mind.

She turns to me, smiling. Danielle is probably one of the nicest people I've met, perfect for Ky, and I can't help but feel grateful that there are such amazing individuals in my life. "Is today going to be the day?"

"Hopefully," Ky nods before pressing a fleeting kiss to her lips, pulling her over to observe Betty.

I can't help but smirk evilly. "Ky told Betty to shake her ass."

"DID NOT– You know what, whatever. I give up with you, midget."

"You know you love me, loser. We need to tighten the door hinge before trying the truck out. The floor jack died and there's no bottle jack here. I'll hold it up, you screw the screws?"

"Stop saying 'screw' and I will," I tease, already heading over and carefully pulling the door wide open, Ky crouching beside and pulling the door up. "Fix the screws, not... whatever. Dani, can you pass me the 3/8 inch ratcheting wrench, please? It's in the black toolbox."