ten

⋆ ten ⋆

⋆ ten ⋆

The moment the car drives away, Alexandros brings his own car forward, honking the horn and poking his head out of the window. "Oi! Dumbass! Get in the car already!"

Rolling my eyes, I grab my backpack that I left at my feet before jumping into the car, letting Alexandros drive off. It would be awesome to be able to drive something as beautiful as this... "How was it?" Alex questions, gesturing to the car in front of us that I climbed out of just minutes before I got in here. "First lesson?"

That's what makes me grin. "I've done all the theory reading, but being behind the wheel... not a feeling I was expecting. All in all, I was nervous – hands shaking and words stammering and everything – but it was awesome. I'm already looking forward to doing it again." A moment, then I turn to my best friend, my voice soft. "Alex. Alexandros. My best friend in the whole wide world–"

"What is it you want?"

I grin. "Permission for Ky to watch me drive your car...? I need my private practice and we don't have a car."

"What happened to Betty?" The boy huffs, not looking at me (which is probably smart considering we're on the road). "Can't you drive her?"

"Not gonna let me drive an old truck as my private lessons, Dros. It needs to be a car, and you're my only friend, so...?"

He doesn't say anything for the rest of the drive until we pull into the garage, Ky working on a car there and talking to Lu, and I give them a wave before Alex sighs. "Don't you dare destroy my baby or I will destroy you."

"Thought I was your baby," I point out, and he just groans. I take it as a yes, grinning and kissing his cheek before climbing out of the car. "Come on." Passing Ky, I pretend to act calm while Alex sulks beside me, but when the boy's not looking I throw my thumbs up, making my brother chuckle and nod.

We retreat further into the garage, where beautiful old Betty is, and I sigh happily before opening the cans of paint we brought last time. We started painting Betty last time we were here, but we've still got a lot more to finish before we restore Betty to her former glory.

"When this is done, you can take a photograph of it at any angle and it'll be gorgeous," Alexandros grins after we've got started. "Maybe you can use your new camera...?"

Waggling his eyebrows at me, I just roll my eyes. Since my birthday he never stops mentioning something about photographs or cameras, because he got me a camera for my birthday. Beautiful and handy, but I'm saving it for when my current one breaks or something. Danielle got me a pair of cool boots, but Ky couldn't get me anything.

I understand, though, because of our whole conserving-money thing, but I'm okay with that. Because he gave me the album, and it's the best present I got. The spider suit was a close second, though.