Dreams

After 1 AM, everyone had decided it would be simpler to have a sleepover in Mina's sizable basement than to go home, especially since many of them lived at least forty-five minutes away and almost everyone, save for the Todorokis and Kaminari, was drunk off of their asses.

Mina had dragged out her siblings' sleeping bags and unceremoniously forced everyone with a significant other to share so that there would be enough. Somehow, she decided that included Shinsou and Denki, and Mina was terrifying enough when drunk that they agreed, sliding uncomfortably into the sleeping bag, back to back.

Shinsou's pheromones shifted absurdly for a few hours, as they usually did when he was drunk out of his mind, and he couldn't sleep very well because of it. He turned to face Denki, hoping the omega was asleep and he could do the creepy stare in peace.

Instead, Denki was lying facing Shinsou already, so when the alpha shuffled around, he met eyes with the shorter boy. Denki had tears streaming down his face again and Hitoshi felt his eyes widen.

"Hey," he started quietly, not sure how to make the boy feel better. "Um, are you alright?" The alpha heard his own words kind of slur a bit and tried to control his drunken urge to kiss all of Denki's problems better.

Denki shook his head silently. "Do you wanna talk about it?" Shinsou tried.

Denki shook his head again, biting his bottom lip. "Can I..." The omega's voice was raspy, and he opened his arms. "Cuddle, maybe?" His lightning bolt of hair was in his face, and Shinsou tucked it behind Denki's ear with a quiet smile.

"Of course," the alpha replied. Shinsou pulled Denki to him slowly, giving him an out in case he decided it was uncomfortable, until Denki's face was nestled in Hitoshi's scent gland. Kaminari's hands settled hesitantly around Shinsou's chest, and Hitoshi held Denki around the waist, their legs tangled between them.

The alpha settled his chin on Denki's head- he'd been right, damn Denki's hair was soft- and breathed in that familiar, caramel-y scent. Finally Hitoshi could feel himself getting drowsier as the omega's breaths settled and Denki fell asleep in Shinsou's arms.

He hugged Kaminari tighter to his chest and slipped into dreams.

A little girl toddled up to Hitoshi, using the kitchen chair as support as the toddler walked unsteadily to her father. Shinsou felt himself kneel down to the floor, holding his arms out to the little girl.

Once she was within a few steps of the alpha, the girl- a name penetrated his mind: Nadeshiko- tripped over her own feet and fell neatly into Shinsou's arms. He pulled Nadeshiko closer to his chest. "That was amazing, baby girl! Twelve steps is a new record!"

Hitoshi tickled the toddler, making her laugh. She had a loud, bubbly laugh that warmed Hitoshi to his core, like that laugh was what his life had built up to.

"Okay, not too much or she'll cry," came a voice from the kitchen door.

Shinsou stood up, turning around to see Denki, who was very obviously pregnant, standing there. He wore a loose navy shirt and sweatpants, not one of the most revealing outfits Shinsou had ever seen him in, but the omega was still unimaginably beautiful. He stood with one hand on his swollen belly and one supporting his back. Hitoshi swept his daughter into his arms and bounced her while walking over to Denki.

Upon reaching his mate, Hitoshi set down the little girl, who crawled off into the living room. Once she was out of sight, the alpha brought his husband into a passionate kiss. One of Denki's legs automatically wrapped around Shinsou, but it appeared that he was having a difficult time with his pregnant belly between the two. Denki pulled away, embarrassed.

"Not much time until I stop looking like-" Denki gestured at his body. "-this. The only unfortunate part of having a baby is looking like a beached whale. Other than the cramping and the actual childbirth part and crap." Hitoshi shook his head with a frown, caressing his mate's baby bump and saying, "You know exactly what my response is to that." Denki's face shifted into a smile as he giggled, "Can I have a reminder?"

Shinsou nuzzled into Denki's scent gland, saying words he'd obviously said before but still hadn't lost their meaning as he inhaled that breathtaking scent. "Denki. My love, my life, my stars in the sky. I am hopelessly, stupidly, unreasonably in love with you, and the added weight of something we created together is never going to change that, because you are and always will be hopelessly, stupidly, unreasonably beautiful, both in body and spirit. If I have to make you pregnant a million times over for you to understand that, I swear to God I will." He looked back at Denki, who was smirking in an incredibly sexy manner.

Shinsou smirked back, slipping his hand under the collar of Denki's shirt and rubbing his mate's neck, relishing the feeling of faint scarring that the alpha knew he'd put there. Denki gasped in faux offense, bringing a hand to his chest. "I don't remember giving you permission to do that, Hitoshi Shinsou!"

Hitoshi leaned down to Denki's ear, smiling like a cat and whispering huskily, "I think our wedding- or maybe the wedding night if you remember that better- was permission enough, Denki Shinsou-Kaminari." He heard Denki's breath catch like it had that day he visited the cafe on his rut and Hitoshi grinned hungrily, sliding his hand up his mate's shirt-

"Alright, keep your pants on," Hitoshi heard Mina's voice as the beta walked in with Izuku and Shoto Todoroki. The Todorokis held the hand of a small girl about six years old.

Hitoshi looked at Denki, whose face was bright with happiness as he welcomed the guests. He must've been scowling because Denki scoffed when he looked back. "C'mon, Hito, they wanted to meet the baby." Denki winked at his husband, walking toward the living room where Nadeshiko was playing with her dolls.

Suddenly, his face changed to a look of horror as the blond omega tripped over a doll Nadeshiko had left in the doorway, his hands moving instinctively to cover his stomach-

"DENKI!" Shinsou cried out, using his alpha voice for the first time in years. His tone was hoarse with pain, like his heart had shattered. The alpha's eyes snapped open to check that Denki was still in his arms.

---

a/n

Hello, my loves!

Gotta say, I'm surprised how much attention this is garnered.

Unfortunately, my posting schedule is gonna be out of whack now due to personal reasons. I'm still writing, though, don't worry!

You'll probably get less a/ns but it's cool cause no one wants to hear from me anyway lol

Love and kisses,

-gale