🌞Chapter 43🌻

🌞🌻

Ten days of fun rushed by. Coming home to a friend fluent in Thai language was a balm on Gulf's spirit.

The last day of the semester arrived. Tomorrow Bright would go back to Thailand and Gulf would have to return to Mew. Classes would end that afternoon with their performance of 'The Cherry Orchard.'

Streams of teachers and students from other classes gathered in the school's studio to watch the recital.

Gulf used the personality of Mew's butler on Dorsett to help him create the character of the butler for this performance. Visiting Mew's estate have been a good experience for Gulf after all. He never would have understood what it was like to be a butler without it.

It was Gulf's cue.

As he stepped out into the spotlight shining on the stage, someone came into the studio late, chatting with the dean.

Gulf gulped. He knew it was Mew. But, surprised by the man's sudden appearance, he completely blew his lines.

🌞

🌻

After the performance and a follow-up meeting, they were free. The semester was over.

Gulf turned down an invitation from a friend to go drinking, and hurried to the locker room. Tonight was the last night he would spend with Bright.

As he left the school, he saw Mew standing outside looking depressed.

"Long time no see, Gulf," the man smiled sadly.

For a moment, Gulf wasn't sure how to react, but since they were in public he adopted the friendly role.

"It's been a while." He smiled back politely. "What are you doing here, sir?"

He had been wondering that since he'd first spotted Mew in the theater.

"My company supports this school," Mew explained. "The dean invited me to come watch the recital."

"I see." Gulf was embarrassed that he'd thought Mew had come to see him perform.

"I didn't mean to distract you," Mew said with a pathetic look. He must have realized that it was his fault that Gulf had missed his lines. "May I treat you to dinner as an apology?"

"I'm sorry, but a friend from Thailand is visiting me right now."

"So bring your friend along," Mew offered.

Gulf considered this. Thanks to the state of his finances. Bright was eating only the most humble of cuisines. If they went with Mew, his friend would be able to try much nicer things. It would br a rare opportunity for Bright too. And Gulf had a feeling that if he left Mew by himself, the man would just start drinking.

"All right," he finally agreed. "But I want to make one thing clear, I'm not going back to work for you until tomorrow."

Mew nodded. "Of course."

They arranged to meet at the Hotel Ritz lobby and Gulf left.

TBC