1 。*:・゚

The sun shone down from clear blue skies onto the grand building which was to be your new school: Ouran High School.

The only thing that made this beautiful morning less than peaceful, was the multiple stares you were garnering from passing students.

Maybe I shouldn't have brought them...

You glanced sideways at your two friends, Kazuhito and Alex, who were dressed gallantly in their classy black and red uniform.

You could feel the stares you and your friends were getting, but kept your eyes firmly fixed on your friends.

"Aren't they from Earl Thomas Academy?"

"Where's that?"

"A school in Karuizawa. Apparently it's a castle..."

Alex (who seemed to relish in the newfound attention) had taken to flashing smiles at female students who fainted in return.

Typical Alex. You internalised.

Just a few minutes ago, Alex had broken into tears of laughter at the sight of a pink school and the girl's poufy uniforms.

Kazuhito, however, seemed undeterred, glancing at the girls who gawped at him.

"EEK! He looked back at me!"

"I think I'm in love!"

You let out a sigh.

"Well..." Alex began, running a hand through his hair. "It seems like we won't be seeing you for a while."

"I'll being seeing you this weekend Al." You rolled your eyes with a smile, but you noticed Alex's gaze travelling down your body.

"What are you staring at you perv?" You frowned, smacking him in the shoulder. Alex reeled back in pain.

"N-Nothing! I was just wondering why you're wearing the male uniform."

"Oh, right. It's just more comfortable." You glanced as Alex clutched his shoulder. "Sorry about that. It's instinctual."

"You're a bear that's why." Alex replied, but instant regret creeped in when he suddenly he felt chills run up his spine.

You turned to him with a sunny smile that seemed to freeze the atmosphere around you. "Hm? Were you going to say that I'm a lady?"

Kazuhito let out a sigh, hoisting the two of you by the collars and making sure you weren't within punching distance of eachother.

"Calm down, you're making a fuss." He stated. You and Alex let out a sigh of defeat.

"Fine, fine."

At least I don't regret bringing Kazuhito. You internalised.

"Look at the boy in the middle, isn't he cute?" You turned your head towards a group of girls who were peeking at you. You saw one of the girls jump in surprise as you caught her stare and scuttle behind someone.

"Me? Good looking?" You whispered in confusion as you turned to your friends.

"A cute boy." Alex sniggered.

"Hey, I can also be a cute girl." You chided. You were almost ready to teach this boy a lesson on manners when Kazuhito spoke up.

"That reminds me," Your tall friend muttered out of the blue. "If you end up with a boyfriend, I'll beat them up for you." He stated, patting you lightly on the back.

"What?" You gasped dramatically. "Mr Peaceful ready to beat someone up? I might get a boyfriend to see that happen."

"Don't try it." Kazuhito ruffled your hair affectionately, with a soft smile which you were sure would make girls go starry-eyed over him.

"Don't worry." You laughed. "I am more than capable of beating someone up on my own."

"She's responsible enough, so she won't get a boyfriend." Alex stated out of nowhere.

Your eyes widened in surprise.

He's being serious for once.

No-one would believe how many boyfriend related threats you had received from some of your classmates. Alex was actually being level-headed for once.

"I-Is that you Alex?" You gawped, pinching his cheeks. "Thank you."

"Well not on my watch you won't." He added. You sweatdropped.

They might as well be my bodyguards.

"Right. Thanks, Alex, Kazuhito. I'll see you this weekend."

Alex gave you a pat on the shoulder. "It couldn't come sooner."

And you passed through the gates of Ouran High School.

Class 1-A was buzzing as usual, as Hikaru and Kaoru waltzed into the room on a not-so-special Monday morning. They immediately noticed their chestnut-haired friend.

"Hello, Haruhi!" They smiled in unison, taking their seats on either side.

Haruhi turned to greet them. "Good morning, Hikaru, Kaoru."

"Did you see the new student?" Hikaru asked, as he pulled out his pencil case. Haruhi blinked back in surprise.

"I didn't know there was a new student."

"He's a scholarship student like you." Kaoru stated, leaning back against his chair lazily. "He'll be in our class."

A few minutes later, everyone had arrived, but halfway through form time, there came a knocking on the door.