Chapter 1

Delirious pov
I wake up in the snow covered woods. I stand up and I notice I am not human anymore. I am a wolf. I start to run, trying to figure out where I am. I felt s little sting in my leg and then I pass out. I wake up and I am at an animal shelter. I look up and I saw a man opening my cage door. He picks me up and brings me to one of those hard metal tables that are at a vet. I hear the man say "we need to put him down it is not safe for the other animals" when I hear put him down I whimpered. I look to my right and I see a boy that looks very familiar running to me. He yells "Dad no please don't kill him. I want to take care of him" when I heard that voice I knew who it was. It was my best friend Vanoss or Evan. He looked at me and I wagged my tail. "You remind me of my friend delirious. He has been missing for a day now. I guess your eyes and fur color remind me of him." He look at me. If only he knew it was me. "Evan I don't know if it's safe to have a wolf for a pet" his dad said. "Oh come on dad please let me have him" I looked at his dad with longing eyes. "Alright you can have him. Now go home and show your mom your new pet."
Time skip
We get back to his house. I follow him everywhere he goes. "What am I going to name you" "delirious name me delirious" I bark but he wouldn't understand me. "I guess that you remind me of delirious so much, I will name you delirious." I howl for him to know that I said yes. It was about time for Evan to go to bed, because he has school tomorrow. The only thing good about being a wolf is that I don't have school. He goes to bed. I jump up on his bed and fall asleep on his legs.
Time skip
I heard his alam beeping. I wake up and stand up on the bed. "Hey delirious good morning" Vanoss said petting me. I throw my head into his chest which makes him fall back. I started laughing but in came out like little howls. "Are you laughing at me?" He asks. I nod my head yes. He gets ready for school and he heads for the front door. I follow him out and we walk to his school together. We get there and he walks in. I decided to go on a walk and watch him play some games when gym comes up. I walk around the school for about an hour until I see Vanoss outside running for a mile. I decide to join him. I run up next to him. He looks at me with a questioning look. "What are you doing here? You need to go home or you are going to get taken away." I stop and look at him and I decide to leave with my head bowed. I got off school grounds to see Evan running with a girl. Something hit my heart hard and I have no idea what it meant. I decide to run home. I got home and I went in the house. I see Evan's dad. He looked at me and I got scared. I remember Vanoss telling me when his dad got drunk he gets aggressive so he stays away when that happens. His dad is definitely drunk. I try to run away but he got me just in time. He kicked me and picked me up. He took me to a river and dropped me in. I yelp and I try to howl for help. I was drowning and I couldn't help it. I got to the surface for I split second I see Evan and I howl for help. He looked up and saw me he yelled "delirious! I'm coming buddy!" He is a good swimmer and I'm not. He jumped in and grabbed me. He started swimming up. We reach the surface and I gasp for air. He swims toward the shore. He lays me on the grass. I was coughing up water. "I am going to call wildcat to come and get us" he said to me. I barked weakly back to him. "Who did this buddy" I point towards his house. He looked at me and said "my dad?" I shook my head yes. He picked me up and set me on his lap. I heard a car horn and I looked up to see my good friend wildcat. I was still to weak to get up and walk so he had to carry me to the car. He put me in the backseat with Mini Ladd also my best friend. He looked at me and smiled. "He reminds me of delirious" he said to Evan. "I know that's why I named him delirious" if only they knew it was me. I started to fall asleep as soon as we got to wildcat's house. Evan carries me in and sets me on the floor. "We are gonna stay the night here since dad is drunk. I don't want him to hurt you anymore or hurt me at all. I look at the time and decide to go to sleep.