ᴏɴᴇ

𝕆𝕔𝕥𝕠𝕓𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟜, 𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟚☠︎︎

My foot tapped anxiously on the ground as the silence of the classroom filled the air. I bit my lower lip and stared at the test in front of me. I don't remember any of this...

"Hey." I heard Luis whisper beside me.

I looked at him. "Huh?"

"What's wrong?"

I sighed quietly. "I don't remember any of this."

He looked at the teacher who was distracted by his computer. His eyes darted back to my test.

"Which question are you stuck on?" He asked quietly.

"All of them."

He chuckled lightly. "Okay, I'll try to help you."

"You're gonna get in trouble."

"Well, I would gladly die for you so...this is fine."

I laughed quietly. "You're so cheesy."

He smiled softly and cautiously began helping me. I nervously pulled my oversized sweatshirt off of my stomach which was now getting huge. My eyes kept darting to the teacher, then back to my paper.

"Get it?" Luis asked.

A small sigh escaped my mouth. "Kinda?"

"That's okay." He reassured. "It's easy."

"It doesn't seem easy." I chuckled.

He rolled his eyes playfully. "Okay, so, you wanna start-"

"Mr. Mendoza." The teacher's stern voice spoke up.

Luis's head snapped around to look at the teacher. "Um, yeah?"

He began stomping towards us. "Are we cheating over here?"

Luis's head shook. "No, sir."

The teacher ripped the test off of my desk and examined it. He hummed lightly. "This doesn't look like Amelia's handwriting."

"Well-" Luis started but the teacher cut him off.

"Ah, ah, ah," His head shook. "Both of you to the principal's office now."

Luis scoffed. "That's not fair!"

"Do you want me to add a week of detention, Mr. Mendoza?"

Luis huffed. "No, sir."

He waved us off and I frantically walked out the door, Luis following closely behind me. Once we got into the hall, Luis walked by my side, his jaw tightly clenched.

"I hate him." He mumbled.

I rubbed his arm. "I know you do and I'm sorry. I'm the reason we got in trouble."

He looked down at me. "What? No, it's not your fault. I'm the one who was willing to help you."

I sighed. "I guess it was both of us."

He chuckled lightly. "I guess so."

A long sigh left my mouth as we entered the office. I had never been to the principal's office before, Luis on the other hand, had been here many times before we started dating. He was one of those "bad boys".

"Can I help you guys?" The lady at the front desk piped up.

Luis looked at her. "Oh, we're just here to see Mr. Johnson."

She pointed down the hall and Luis grabbed my hand. My heartbeat sped up as we walked down the eery and dark hallway. We stopped in front of a big wooden door that read "Principle Johnson". Luis knocked on the door before letting himself in.

"Hello?" Luis piped up.

The principal's eyes darted up to us. "Oh, hello, Luis."

"Hey." Luis smiled.

The principal stood up. "What brings you here this time?"

Luis sighed. "We got in trouble for "cheating" on a test."

"Ah," The principal clicked his tongue. "I thought it would be because you spray-painted the outside of the school. Remember that one?"

Luis sighed in anger. "Yeah...I do."

The principal let out a snicker before looking at me. "And who's your friend here?"

"Um, my girlfriend, Amelia Peterson."

"Ah, of course." The principal smiled. "Out of everyone in this school, I never thought you would be sent to the office."

I chuckled nervously. "Yeah, it was a mistake..."

"I see..." He nodded slowly. "Take a seat."

I quickly sat down in a chair that was across his desk and Luis sat next to me.

"So, tell me, why were you guys cheating on a test?" He asked.

I kept my mouth shut but Luis opened his. "Because she couldn't remember anything."

"Well, that doesn't mean you can help her cheat, does it?"

Luis sighed. "No..."

"Mhm." He hummed. "Now, I am aware of Amelia's...situation."

He pointed at my stomach that I quickly covered up.

"So, that's why I'm letting you off with a warning." He started writing down on a piece of paper. "But if it happens again, both of you are getting detention, got it?"

"Yes, sir." I nodded.

"Good." He handed me a piece of paper. "Understand, Mr. Mendoza?"

Luis nodded while grabbing the piece of paper from the principal's hand. "Got it."

"You're free to leave." He waved us off.

I stood up and practically ran out the door. I stuffed the piece of paper in my pocket and felt Luis walking by my side.

"See? That wasn't so bad." Luis's arm slung around my shoulders.

"I know..." I mumbled. "I never get in trouble though."

"Well, it's senior year. Who cares at this point?"

"I do." I nodded. "Unlike you, I'm trying to graduate so I can get into college."

"Hey, I never said I wasn't doing the same." He defended.

"I just wanna make sure our little girl has a good life, okay?"

He smiled. "She will."

I sighed softly and Luis hugged me closer to his side. He better not fuck anything up.

❤︎

author:
ah, I hope you guys like the first chapter so far! yes, I made their baby a girl :). scream at me all you want but this is my story lol so shush. stay gold, blockheads💙 (yes, I'm changing it lol).
~Olivia🤍

{3/11/21}