iii. Meatlug's Snoggletog Surprise?

Start from the beginning

Walking around Berk, Valkyrie realised she had forgotten how long it was to trek down from the plaza to the fishing ship yards without a dragon to just hope on and ride down. It made her miss Zephyr with a sudden heavy heart, wanting nothing more than to have him beside her, and to shoot up into the sky to race Astrid and Stormfly around Berk.

I have to trust him that he'll come back, she told herself what she told Hiccup.

She just really wished it was before Snoggletog; because then she'd be able to give him the gift she had ever so looked forward to. Picking up a few flowers for her mother, she gently placed them into her basket. In her errands, she grabbed some fish-guts (which smell gross!), last minute presents for her brothers, some ribbon from the bootmaster to put around their helmets for Odin to give them his presents, more neccesitites for her mother, pick up her father's polished brooch ...

Keeping her spirits up, Valkyrie tried to hum Snoggletog songs to herself, walking with the beat in her head━that was when it hit her.

Whack!

She nearly fell over on her feet, but spun around and frowned up at the━is that Meatlug?!━who dashed past her with a familiar fish-bone Viking clinging to his snout. Valkyrie was glad she had a tight grip on her basket, otherwise she would have dropped it. "Hiccup?!" the dragon and the Viking flew up into the air towards the ocean horizon, and Valkyrie's mouth was agape. "Where are you going?!"

His voice was almost lost in the wind, but she caught a distant, "I HAVE NO IDEA!"

Up above on the cliffwalk, near the trademasters houses and stables, Valkyrie's frown deepened to hear Fishlegs cry out after them, "Meatlug!" her frown turned into a scowl as she spun on her feet to glare up at the pudgy boy who waved his arms in desperation for his dragon to return. "What about presents?! Hey!"

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

━━This was a problem the rest of the team needed to be present for. Valkyrie rounded up the whole lot of them; the twins, Snotlout and Astrid who all stood there, arms crossed, in Meatlug's stable to stare down Fishlegs with disappointed and angry frowns upon their faces. He shuffled his feet, glancing back at the hay nest his dragon liked to sleep in and the chains he used to keep him there, whimpering out a sad, "I can't believe him!"

Astrid spun on him, livid, "You can't believe him?!" she smacked him across the shoulder, and Fishlegs cried out in pain. "You kidnapped your dragon! What is wrong with you?!"

Valkyrie crossed her arms, glancing back out into the horizon where Hiccup had been taken off by Meatlug. Worry bubbled in her stomach. None of them knew where he had been taken, whether he would be safe where this was, if he could make it back ...

As Astrid and Fishlegs argued, the Twins approached the pile of straw and hay with curious gazes. Pushing past one another━shoving the horns of their helmets━they crouched down near the pile, spotting something blue amongst the fodder.

"W━Well that makes it sound so mean..." Fishlegs mumbled.

"That's because it is!"

"Uh ..." Tuffnut's eyes widened, pushing away the hay and seeing what exactly the blue something had been. "Hey, guys...?"

"He flew away the second he was unleashed!" went on Astrid, right in Fishlegs's face with her own red with her fury.

Fishlegs twiddled his thumbs, "O━okay━well, I'm seventy-two per cent sure he wanted to stay."