The dragon made a guttural sound in the back of his throat, laughing at Hiccup and the son of the cheif mocked him in reply. Hands on hips, leaning forward, he clatted his teeth together in his best impression of Toothless, and he stopped, ears perking up even more. "Yeah, yeah," mumbled Hiccup, letting out another yawn. "That's what a thought, you big reptile. Anyways━" he started his way to the back where Toothless's saddle sat waiting, "━do you always have to wake me up so early to go flying━"

He slipped on the ice━something not so great about having a metal foot. Well, that and the pain, and sometimes forgetting you only have one foot ... and stuff ...

Toothless was there to catch him, jumping down from the roof. Hiccup landed on the flat of his diamond-shaped head. The dragon pitched him up-right, and Hiccup grumbled down at the metal foot, scratching it against the ice to test the grip before setting it back down. "Stupid leg." Toothless peered at him, concerned, and Hiccup smiled. "Oh, thanks, buddy, I'm okay. Yeah━yeah━" he rested his hand on his head, "━we can go flying now."

Then the dragon burped in his face.

Hiccup recoiled away, coughing. "Ew━eww━what? Argh!" he smacked his dragon playfully in the snout. "Toothless!"

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

━━There is only one time in the Viking year where Valkyrie the Mysterious of the Frode Clan will allow herself to be a happy burst of energy, and that was the holidays. Every other day, she was a glaring, vicious mean girl with an appetite for freedom and someone you should not mess with. And yes, you should not mess with her during the holidays, but as soon as the Snoggletog preparations began, it was as if a lever switched in her demanour, and Valkyrie Frode was out the door of her home, all smiley and laughing and wishing everyone, "Happy Snoggletog!" at the top of her lungs.

Now, with a dragon, all that became much easier!

Except, Zephyr didn't seem as excited for the holiday morning as she was.

"Come on," she pushed against his side, her fur boots at the end of her bed to give her weight to get him off his backside. "Wake up━we gotta help with the Snoggletog decorations."

Zephyr moaned in reply, and lightly whacked her away with his wing. Valkyrie let out a startled, "Oof━!" and went tumbling away on her floor. Stopping herself, she sat up and glared at her dragon who just huffed steam in her face and settled his head the other way, going back to sleep.

She gaped at him, "I don't get you sometimes. Every other morning you can't wait to wake me up early for flying. And the only time I want you to be up early you won't even have it━oh, you're such a hypocrite!"

The Windstriker flicked his tail gently at her, and she ducked. Valkyrie crouched back up, flexing her muscles, "Oh, so I see how it is━get here you great big oaf━!" she charged straight at him and jumped ontop of his back. Wrapping her arms around him, she did her best to wrestle the big dragon. "Come━on━get━up━you━lazy━whoa━!"

Zephyr had reached back and picked her up at the scruff of her winter fleece coat with his teeth. She dangled from his mouth, kicking her legs and fighting for him to let go. "Hey! This is unfair━this isn't how you fight! Zephyr! Let me down!"

She heard his muffled laughter, and felt the heat of his chortles against the back of her neck. In the end, Valkyrie stopped fighting and just hung there, glaring at the wall. "I'll get you next time," she promised him as he set her back down. (Valkyrie said that a lot; she's never won against him. Yet).