She turns to lead us into the house and once we enter, I see Adam sprawled out on the couch. He stands up as he hears us come in and walks over to give me a hug. "Hey, Kar." I watch as his eyes drift off behind me and shift into a soft glare. "Why is he here?"

"Because, I want him here. He's my boyfriend and I love him. You're just going to have to accept that cause he's not going anywhere." I cross my arms.

Levi smirks, sliding past me and my mother to drop my bag beside the couch. Adam watches his every move before huffing and disappearing into the kitchen.

"I apologize about Adam. He's just a bit overprotective when it comes to his little sister." My mom says, looking off into the direction my brother went. "He needs to get over it."

"He's older than me and he's acting like a child. I've forgiven Levi, why can't he? He doesn't even hold Dad responsible anymore for his major role in what happened."

"Adam's had anger issues ever since he was a kid, Levi. His tendency to be overprotective added onto that fact doesn't help the situation. I've tried to get him help but it hasn't worked." She sighs. "Don't worry, I'll have a talk with him."

"No, let me. His problem is with me." Levi speaks up. He kisses me on the shoulder before following after Adam.

"Wait, Levi." I call out.

He turns back to me, "It's fine. This won't take long." He walks off.

I groan. "I didn't think Levi being here would be a big deal. I thought Adam got over it."

"Let's not worry about Adam. Today is about you." My mom clutches onto jacket all takes me over to the dinning room. "I bought some cupcakes and made some pasta, your favorite. There's also pizza, brownies and ice cream in the kitchen. I got some wine from Whole Foods, that I thought you might enjoy."

The dinning room was decorated with white fairy lights and silver streamers. There was music set up and the table didn't have to normal cloth that was once there. She had twenty-two cupcakes made and my favorite pasta in the middle of the table.

"Mom, this looks great. You didn't have to do all of this." I stare at the sight in front of me, astonished. "This looks beautiful."

"Well, I hope it does. I spent all night cooking and baking this stuff." She laughs, pushing her hair out of her face.

I whip around and grab a hold of her. "Thank you."

"Aw of course, honey." She giggles. "Wow, so this is what I have to do to get a voluntary hug from you huh?"

I pull away, laughing.

As soon as we break apart, the door opens. "Hola, people! Where's my bestie?" Melanie rounds the corner and immediately runs up to force me into her arms.

"Melanie! Finally."

"Happy Birthday, bitch!" She places a box into my hand and walks past me to my mother. "Mama Andy! How've you been?"

"Melanie, dear. What a nice surprise, I didn't know you were coming. You've grown up so nicely."

Melanie does a quick spin, smiling confidently. "Thanks and you haven't aged a bit. Still got those high cheekbones that I'm so jealous of." She pinches my mom's cheek.

"Thank you, sweetie. Well now that everyone is here, would you girls help me bring the rest of the food out?"

"Yes, ma'am." The doorbell rings. "Oh, I forgot. Kar, I hope you don't mind, I invited Hunter to come." She jogs over to the door and throws it open. Hunter comes in holding a pie.