𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

xoxoxoxo

xoxoxoxo

Lucy;

It's been awhile since Halloween and today is Thanksgiving! Of course I'm gonna have dinner with my dad but me and my friends are having a picnic today for lunch! Thanksgiving is kind of a big deal in Magnolia.

Before lunch is this big parade for the harvest festival! You don't get to participate until middle school so we're not in it but we're going to watch. Right now I'm getting ready for the day.

I throw on an orange overall dress with a black turtle neck underneath. I tie my hair back in a french braid and slip on a headband. I'm supposed to meet Gray, we are going to walk to the parade together. 

I walk down the hall and pull out a picnic basket. I'm responsible for bringing the pie. I run down to the kitchen and find several wrapped foods on the counter. I peek under the foil of each until I find a pie. 

I shove the pie into my basket and grab a couple of fruits. I sneak out of the kitchen and walk towards my front door. I walk down my long driveway and see Gray standing at the end of it. "Hey Lucy!" He waves.

We start walking towards the town square and chatting. "What did you bring?" He holds up his basket, "I brought sandwiches." I take a peek inside the basket and find several different flavored sandwich wrapped neatly.

"Luce!" 

I look up and see we are already at the square. Natsu runs over to us with Erza following behind him. "Hey guys!" Erza yanks my arm and drags me away. "Whats wrong Erza?" She looks at me. What the heck?! Her face is flushed!!

I put my hand on her forehead, "Are you sick?" She rolls her eyes and pushes my hand away. "No but on the way over here I saw Jellal and he waved at me." I snicker, Jellal is Erza's longtime crush but he is home schooled and travels a lot.

"Why are you laughing?!" She yells at me. I just smile and shrug. In the corner of my eye I spot Jellal and walk over to him. "Lucy no!!" I tap him on the shoulder, "Hey Jellal remember me we went to kindergarten together!"

He nods and smiles, "Lucy right?" I nod, "Our class is having a picnic I was wondering if you wanted to come?" His smile widens, "Yea sure! I haven't seen some of our classmates in forever!" I nod and tell him the time and place.

I stride back over to two very confused boys and a flustered Erza. "Why is she red?" Gray asks. Natsu just stares at her in shock, "Erza is acting...like a girl?!!?" I hit him on the head and roll my eyes.

"Erza its fine I'll help you!" She smiles at me and starts fanning her face. "The parade is starting soon we should get going." I nod and Erza grabs the boys collars. I giggle as I follow behind her to the main road. 

After 15 minutes floats start rolling down the street. There are lights and dancers. It was really beautiful. There were a few people I recognized like Ms. Mavis and Mr. Clive. After all the floats finish the crowd starts dispersing. 

"Yea! Food time!!" Natsu yells racing for the park. We follow behind him and arrive out of breath. I see Juvia and Lisanna setting up blankets. While we help them set up blankets our friends start arriving.

We put out all the food and we all start eating. I scan over the park grounds. On one blanket are me, Natsu, Gray, and Erza. On another are Gajeel, Juvia, Levy, and Jellal. And on the last one is Mira, Elfman, Lisanna, Laxus, and Cana.

Everyone is having a great time...well except Erza. She hasn't eaten anything and keeps staring at the ground. I even offered her strawberry cake and she turned it down. I feel a shadow over me and look up.

"Oh hi Jellal!" Erza shoots her head up. "Jellal we haven't seen you and forever!" He greets Natsu and Gray and takes a seat on our blanket. Jellal, Gray, and Natsu start chatting but Erza stays quiet.

"Erza!" I whisper. She turns her head to me. "Talk to him it will be okay." She nods and takes a few deep breaths. I jump up and grab Gray and Natsu. "What the heck Luce?!" "Yea Lucy what're you doing?!" I ignore them and drag them to Gajeel's blanket.

"Gajeel can we sit here?" He nods but then immediately starts fighting with Natsu. I sit down next to Levy while Juvia sits next to Gray and stares at him. "Why did you guys come over here?" Levy asks. I point to our blanket and she makes an 'o' shape with her mouth.

"So your the one who invited Jellal?" I nod and scratch my head, "I did it for Erza." Me and Levy watch as Erza and Jellal start talking and laughing. I check my watch and sigh, "I gotta head home guys."

I grab my basket and wave to all of my friends. I speed walk home so I can get ready for dinner.

Good luck Erza!

-

-

If you enjoyed this chapter vote and follow!!