ᴷᵒᵘ ᴹⁱⁿᵃᵐᵒᵗᵒ

Start from the beginning

You knew that if you wanted to, you could take him down in a second, but you commended his bravery because it was clear that he knew that too.

"Alright," you sighed. "And what if I said that if you want to get to Hanako, you'll have to go through me?" The blonde visibly hesitated at first but still stood his ground, making you wonder if he was brave or stupid.
"W-well, what if I said that I'm not afraid to fight a girl!" A blush covered his cheeks as his eyes began to trail down your body. "Even if she is strong... and pretty... and curvy." You growled in annoyance, ready to attack him again before Hanako suddenly spoke up.

"And what if I said that if you so much as lay a finger on her..." You felt him wrap his arms around your waist as he rested his chin on top of yours, pointing his knife at Kou.

"I'll kill you."

Although you couldn't see it, Kou felt a chill run down his spine at the murderous intent in his eyes, and your brow furrowed in confusion when he jumped back and got into a defensive position. You looked up at Hanako.
"Quit playing around. You're scaring him," you said, and Hanako looked down at you innocently.
"I can't let him harm my assistant, can I?"

"Assistant?" Kou repeated, taking Hanako's distracted state to jump up, moving to hit him with his staff, and you noticed that it would be very close to hitting you if it landed. Also seeing it, Hanako was quick to push you away, gasping as the staff hit him right in between his neck and his shoulder, sending a bolt of electricity coursing him.

Kou smirked as the apparition fell to the ground.
"Hanako!" Just as you prepared to attack him, Kou grabbed your hands, holding them to keep them at your sides.

"Listen to me!" He said. "He's a murderer! He's hurt people, and if you stay with him, he might hurt you too!" Your eyes widened at his words, and for once, you found yourself speechless.

"He wouldn't-"

Just as you tried to deny it, Kou glanced at something behind you, and before you knew it, he had pushed you away, and you turned to see Kou just barely dodging Hanako's knife.

Hanako tried to stab him again, but Kou blocked it with his staff.
"I would never hurt her," Hanako growled, eyes glowing red as he stared at the blonde. His eyes held a burning rage and hatred, and if looks could kill, Kou would've been reduced to a pile of ashes in an instant.

Kou swung his staff, but this time Hanako grabbed it, smirking at Kou's shocked expression when the lightning didn't affect him this time.

"But I can't say the same for you," he said, releasing the staff just as Kou pulled back, making him fall to the ground. You gasped as Hanako raised the knife over his head.
"Hanako, don't!" You shouted just as Hanako brought it down, only to stop the knife inches from his face. Kou's eyes widened as Hanako instead flicked his forehead.
"Just kidding," he laughed. "Man, the looks on your faces were priceless."

"You guys are both idiots!" You shouted as they both stood up. You turned to glare at Kou. "Look, Hanako and I made a deal. I came to this school to exorcise him, but we agreed that if he did something to harm another human, then I'd exorcise him, and you're welcome to do the same okay?" Just as Kou opened his mouth to object, you softened your expression a bit. "Please?" At that, Kou's face heated up.

"O-oh, uh, s-sure, I mean i-if it'll make you happy then-" You turned to face Hanako, who stood there silently.
"And you," you said. "Can you try to talk things out before you try to kill someone?" At that, Hanako snorted.
"You're one to talk," he said snickered, and you rolled your eyes before you checked your phone to see it was almost time for you to head to your next class.
"Idiots," you grumbled before grabbing your bag and leaving.

Hanako watched you leave, waiting until you were gone to send Haku-joudai to follow you.

"Hey."

He turned to see Kou glaring at him. "The only reason I'm not going to exorcise you is because she asked me not to. Don't make me regret-" Hanako couldn't help but chuckle, and Kou frowned.
"Something funny?"

"I'm sorry," Hanako laughed, looking up to reveal his eyes that were now glowing red once more.
"It's just that...I was going to say the same thing. The only reason why I didn't kill you is because she asked me not to."

Kou froze in place as Hanako moved to hover in front of him, leaning in to whisper in the blonde's ear. "But if you touch what's mine again, I'll make you wish you were never born."

You walked into the classroom where everyone else was sitting at the desks

"Y/n, can you come here, please?"

You heard Mr. Ito say, sighed before walking over to the teachers' desk.
"I need you to head to the office," he said, and your brow furrowed in confusion.
"May I ask why?"
"A new first-year student transferred today, and we need you to give him a tour," he explained.
"But, I just got here a few weeks ago-"
"Yes, I'm aware, but..." Mr. Ito trailed off. "The student refuses to go with the person that was originally assigned to give him a tour and insists that you do it instead. He's making quite the commotion." Whoever this kid was, you already didn't want anything to do with him, but you ultimately agreed.

" Whoever this kid was, you already didn't want anything to do with him, but you ultimately agreed

"Akari here would be happy to show you around if you'd just-"

"No! I want Y/n to do it!" You walked into the office to see the blonde boy from before standing there, arms crossed over his chest definitely as a teacher tried to change his mind. When his eyes landed on you, he smiled.

"Oh, hey Y/n," he said casually. "We were just talking about you!"

You wanted to hit your head against the wall.

'Why me?'