ᴵⁿᵉᵛⁱᵗᵃᵇˡᵉ

You sat on the roof with your notebook in hand and all the books you could find about the seven wonders surrounding you as you wrote down notes.

"Whatcha doin'?" 

You jumped and turned to see Hanako hovering next to you as he peered over your shoulder curiously. You sighed before turning back to your work.
"Extra credit work," you responded. "The school year is ending and thanks to everything that's happened, my grades have dropped. So, to bring them up, I decided to do a paper on the seven wonders."
"Hold on," Hanako muttered when his eyes landed on the book in front of you. "How come you're doing Mr. Tsuchigomori and not me?" He pouted.
"Well, my first thought was to do you, but then I remembered that I know a lot about you that exceeds the rumor. Like the fact that you're actually a boy or that you have a brother, just a lot more than what they put in your book, so what do you expect me to do when they ask where I got all this from?" 
"Whatever," Hanako huffed. "But to make it up to me, you have to come to visit me this afternoon."
"Sorry," you said, giving him an apologetic look. "I have other things to do."
"Like what?" You sighed, putting your paper down and turning to him.
"I meant to talk to you about this," you muttered. "You know I'm a third year, right?" Hanako nodded slowly, already not liking where this was going.
"Well, Mr. Tsuchigomori told me about Yashiro. He told me that she left and promised you that she'd come back, but she didn't. He said that you think that you're scared that I'll abandon you like she did."  You failed to notice Hanako clench his fists in anger. "I...I just wanted to let you know that I won't abandon you. I'll come back to this school like Sakura did. I could come and become a teacher, or I could... I don't know, but I'll think of something, alright?" Hanako stayed silent.
"Look, I know Yashiro might have-"
"Don't say that name." Your eyes widened as Hanako raised his head to reveal the tears in his eyes. "Don't ever say that name again! If I ever hear you say that name I'll-" He stopped when he noticed your fearful expression.
"I...I'm sorry," you muttered, and Hanako sighed, taking a deep breath in an attempt to calm down before holding out his pinky finger.
"Do...You promise that you won't forget about me?" He asked timidly, and you stared at him for a moment before smiling as you intertwined your little finger with his.
"Yeah...I promise that I won't forget about you."

Once he let go, you picked up your notebook and continued taking notes for your assignment.
"Also, I probably won't be able to visit you at least after school. I have a to-" You looked up only to see that Hanako had disappeared, and you sighed.

'I'll just have to check on him later.'

Hanako returned to his bathroom and stood there for a moment, trembling in anger

'I could...come and become a teacher like Sakura...or I could... I don't know, but I'll think of something alright.'

As much as he wanted to believe you, he couldn't help but recall that that was almost exactly what she had said, and he couldn't ignore the voice in his head saying that you were lying.