ᶜʳᵃᶜᵏˢ

*** Read in white mode for better experience.

"Why do I need to do this again?" Kou whined as Teru dragged him into the library.

"Because your grades have been dropping," Teru replied, pushing his brother into a seat before sitting down across from him. "This school year is almost over, and I doubt you'd want to get held back a grade or go to summer school."

Teru opened his bag, taking out pencils, a calculator, and a math book.
"Let me see your notes," he said, holding out his hand, and Kou huffed in annoyance as he reached into his bag and took out his notebook. Teru took it and flipped through it, frowning when he saw how sloppy the notes were.
"No wonder you got fifty percent of the answers on the test wrong," Teru scolded. "Your notes are sloppy and almost impossible to read."
"I can read them just fine," Kou muttered, and Teru let out an exasperated sigh.
"This won't do at all," he grumbled as he stood up. "I'm going to get some more paper. Read over chapter fifteen and look at the directions while I'm gone, okay?"

Kou rolled his eyes and picked up the math book. He flipped to chapter fifteen, only to wait until his brother was out of sight to set it back down.
"This is stupid," he muttered as he dug through his bag before pulling out the latest issue of his favorite manga and began reading.

Feeling a sudden weight on his shoulders, Kou looked up to see Hanako peering over him, a curious and almost childlike expression on his face.
"Oh, hey," Kou greeted casually. "What are you doing h-" Before he could finish, Hanako pressed three fingers to the blonde's forehead, and the last thing Kou saw was Hanako smirking before he faded from consciousness.

Teru walked back into the library with the paper in his hand

"Kou, you had better be studying," he called, expecting to hear the sound of hurried shuffling as Kou rushed to put away whatever non-school-related thing he had taken out, but the blonde's brow furrowed in confusion at the silence he got in return.
"Kou?" He called again, but still nothing. Teru finally walked past the shelves and into the study area, and his eyes widened at the sight that met him.

Kou sat there, leaned back in his chair, passed out as Hanako held his knife to his throat.
"Let him go right-" Teru reached for his sword but quickly stopped when Hanako directed the tip of the blade dangerously close to the boy's neck.
"Ah, ah, ah," he said. "If I see even a spark of lightning, I'll slice his head clean off," he said, and Teru grit his teeth as he reluctantly placed his hand at his side.
"That's better." Hanako smiled smugly.
"What do you want?" Teru growled, and Hanako shrugged.
"Hm, well, there are a lot of words for it...Revenge, payback..." He muttered. "We can just call it a punishment for now."
"Punishment?" Teru repeated. "I let you live-"
"Yes, but you also almost hurt someone very dear to me." Hanako's smile dropped and was replaced by a hateful glare. "You made her cry, and that's something that I can't allow."