ʸᵒᵘˢᵉⁱ

Just your luck.

You stood in the middle of the hallway, throwing your head back and groaning as you finally admitted to yourself that you were lost.
"I should've just taken that tour when I had the chance," you muttered as you continued to wander around aimlessly. "I wanna go home."

Hearing footsteps, you looked down to see a boy with blonde hair standing at the end of the hallway. He looked around until he saw you, and his eyes widened.

"Are you Y/n L/n?" He asked, and you nodded slowly. "Oh great," he let out a sigh of relief as he approached you. You watched in confusion as he took your hand in his and shook it, and you felt a sudden chill run down your spine.

'This guy's spiritual energy is off the charts.'

You looked up at him. He wasn't an apparition. Could he be an exorcist?

"I'm Teru Minamoto. We're in the same class, but when you didn't show up, I went to look for you," he explained, and you quickly shook the thoughts from your head. "Did you get lost?"

You pulled your hand away and lowered your head in embarrassment, ready to stubbornly deny it, only for your eyes to land on the sheath attached to his belt. Seeing this made you sure that he was an exorcist.

Following your gaze, the male rested his hand on his sword and pushed it back in an attempt to shield it from sight.
"I assigned someone to give you a tour when you first got here. His name was Yuki, didn't you two meet?" More embarrassment sank in, and you quickly shook your head.
"N-nope, I don't remember meeting anyone," you lied, and Teru nodded. "I'll have to talk to him later," he muttered to himself before turning back to you. "But, that's fine. I don't have time to give you a tour of the entire school, but I can at least show you where your classes are."

As much as you wanted to be left alone, seeing as this was the fourth time you'd gotten lost today, you reluctantly nodded, letting the male grab your arm and lead you down the hall.

"Over there's your locker," Teru said, pointing over to one of the lockers. "And right there is our second-period class. Your third-period class is across the hall from it right over there, so it should make things a bit easier."

He finally stopped in front of the stairs on the first floor.
"And that's everything," he said. "You can head back to class if you want, but there are only a few minutes before the bell rings, so you won't have time to do anything."
"Thanks," you said, turning to head to your next class.
"Oh, and one more thing," he said as you walked away, and his next words made you freeze in place.

"You're an exorcist, too, right?"

You turned to face him with wide eyes, his charming pretty boy demeanor disappearing as he stared at you with a cold, emotionless expression.
"Why do you care?" You asked, and the blonde male chuckled.
"Since there aren't many exorcists out there, news doesn't travel very fast among us, but it's a completely different story when it comes to well-known clans like mine and yours. You're after Hanako, correct?"