Chapter One- Finally, Friday.

Start from the beginning

Kelsea: "Ok."

It doesn't take me long to figure out she is talking to Blaze Kane on the ride home. I can hear his voice on my side of the car. I have no idea what he is saying; I can only hear enough to know it's him. She ends the call as we pull into the driveway.

Blaze Kane lives in Tennessee. He works for a company whose corporate office is here, but they have an office in Tennessee and Pennsylvania. It broke Kelsea's heart when he left. Those two are super close; She cried for days. I don't know if it was because Blaze Kane went or that he took Spencer with him. Spencer is his best friend, and Kelsea worships the ground he walks on.

Kelsea: "Holy shit."

Echo: "What?"

Kelsea: "That damn call. He has never talked to me that long."

Echo: "Who?"

I play dumb.

Kelsea: "Blaze Kane."

Echo: "What did he want?"

Kelsea: "Apparently, his company transferred him back here Monday. He and Spencer moved in together somewhere. He wants to plan a party for mom and dad's fiftieth anniversary. He wants to surprise them. They don't know he is home, and neither does Jade."

Yay. The asshole is back.

Echo: "He wants you to plan it?"

Kelsea: "Yes. He said he would pay for it. He can afford to pay for it. He makes decent money, but he isn't loaded."

Echo: "You don't want to do it?"

Kelsea: "No. I love my parents, but our job is hard. I just want to relax."

Echo: "I can help."

Kelsea: "You're not going to want to. He is taking next week off to help. Monday, he has something to do with Spencer. Tuesday, I will more than likely be glued to my big brother for the rest of the week."

Echo: "Better you than me."

 The girls come out and help carry in the groceries; as soon as we're finished, the doorbell rings, and it's the pizza. I grabbed plates, and Mickey grabbed drinks for everyone. We all sit at the bar. Jade breaks the silence once we all have food.

Jade: "Everyone is off, tomorrow right?"

We all say yes.

Jade: "Y'all should come to the club tonight. It's ladies' night from eleven to two."

The club she works at has three levels. Level one is female strippers. Level two is male; The third is transgender. When we go, we go between the male and transgender levels. We get enjoyment from both, and Jade works on the transgender level. The only bad thing is the bathrooms are all on the main level.

We don't go often, and I am never comfortable. I'm not an angel, but I am not a wild person, either. I rarely drink, and I don't like going out to bars. I won't be a sourpuss, though. If Kelsea and Mickey want to go, I'll go.

Mickey: "That actually sounds fun."

Kelsea: "It does."

Echo: "Sounds good to me."

Jade: "Y'all can ride with me. Rick knows you guys, so he won't care."