• missing •

A week later...

EMILY P.O.V.

Okay, so it's been a week after that weird encounter with the Mark guy. He seems pretty chill. He's kinda quiet compared to other dudes.
And yes, my bestie Jakey died from cancer. I'm still not okay. I mean, how can you be okay when your best friend dies, and you weren't even there to say your last goodbye?
I feel so much worse now because I have no one beside me anymore. Jakey was the only friend I ever had.

We had a great 10 years of friendship. We had known each other since we were 8, it was a time when I got bullied a lot. But then, Jakey saw what the other kids did to me and defended me. He got an interest in me and wanted to be friends. And from that day on we've been friends.

The day when Mark was with me in the hotel room, that's when Jakey's mom called me with Jakey's phone.
I thought I would be feeling better know but nah. I've been crying a lot. I've cried myself to sleep every night and I have kind of been losing my appetite. I hardly eat anything. I just drink cold water in the morning and maybe a bag of chips in the evening.

I just miss him. No matter how much I cry, no matter how much I want him here, he won't come back.

All those videos I have of us in my phone and all the pictures, they just make me emotional and makes me want to hug him. Jakey's mom has given me his phone, thinking I might need it cuz I was the closest to him, so I should have it..?

I can't believe Jakey had written me a letter in his notes. It had my name on it "Just in case I don't get to say goodbye to you, Emily" and when I clicked it, it had a few pictures of us. Under the pictures there was a little note that said:

Dear Emily,
I know you must be feeling shitty when I'm gone. And I'm sorry I can't be there for you. But always remember, there is going to be a light and there is going to be better days. You just have to wait and see.
The Emily I've got to know, is the strongest and the most idiotic person on this earth AND I LOVE HER (as a bestie! Yeeehaww). I'm gonna miss your laugh and the moments of being with you and all of those late nights where we would watch stars together and the snacks we would always eat.
You just gotta hang in there Emi-boo!

Love, Jakey <3

I love you too Jakey-boo. <3