• betting •

[Check out Dante's Valley by Corbyn! It's my favorite rn. He has great songs. If you don't know him you're missing out on good music. I'm sorry if there is any grammar mistakes in this chapter. I've had things going on in my life. This whole chapter might be a bit weird tho. I hope y'all stay safe and have fun reading!]

EMILY P.O.V.

I just got home. I feel great today and it's honestly all because of Mark. We are going to have a movie night. Omg, what!

Wait-

It's not even like I haven't had one with a guy before tho. Why am I so excited? My heart is beating extra fast just by thinking about it. I wonder, what movies we are gonna watch.. Hopefully nothing too scary.

• • • • •

MARK P.O.V.

I don't see Christopher here anywhere. I've been waiting for him so that I wouldn't be cleaning all by myself. But I guess it's just going to be only me. I'll just tell Mr. Dan tomorrow.

• • • • •

After cleaning the bathroom I decided to sit down on a bench in the hallway. Gosh, I am tired. I kinda smell like shit. I should have a shower before I pick up Emily.
I leaned my head against the wall behind me and close my eyes.

But then,
I heard whispering and giggling, sounds which sounded like kissing. Nah, don't tell me there's still people in this building doing that after school hours.. Why do that here when you could go home?

The sounds just got closer and I opened my eyes annoyed. There he was, Christopher with a random girl again. "Gross. Go home and do that there.. You were with her when Mr. Dan clearly said for both of us to clean together!" I yelled at him, I was mad I had to do it all by myself.

"What did you say, idiot?!" He then grabbed my collar and pushed me against the wall, real hard. I tried to push him off but he grabbed my neck with his left hand.

The girl was just telling him to stop and he didn't listen. I could tell he was angry, way more than I was. I tried to get free, to get some air. Chris just pushed me more and called me names, cursed at me.

The girl ran out, possibly trying to get help. She said she was going to find someone if there was anyone close by.

And as I felt like I couldn't breathe I slowly got weaker falling down the floor. All I could see was black and hear Chris panicking while convincing himself he didn't kill me. What a pussy, honestly.

• • • • •

EMILY P.O.V.

I went on a walk since Mark hasn't texted me yet. What a great time I'll have with myself and my thoughts.

Somehow the school building is in front of me. Did I really just walk here? What was I thinking about while coming here? But could it be Mark? That I'd be waiting here for him? Nah. In your dreams, Emily. Gosh, I'm weird.

I walked to the park near school and sat on a bench where I used to hang out with Jake. Sad how Jake isn't here tho. I think him and Mark would be great friends. They would get along so well. Why of all people, he had to have cancer?

"I still can't believe you aren't here, Jake.. I miss you so much. I know you're not here but... maybe you'll hear this. I hope you are looking out for me and I'm glad we became friends, so glad someone wanted to be friends with me. I'll cherish our memories and I will never ever forget you. You'll always be by my side, right? Guess what! As you already know, I made a new friend. His name is Mark. He is pretty cool actually. I know you would've liked him too." Tears sreamed down my face. I closed my eyes and looked down at my hands.

• • • • •

Out of nowhere, a girl comes running to me. "Excuse me, I need help! Can you please help me? I don't know what to do, I don't even have a phone with me right now. So I couldn't call anyone." She says while holding her chest, panting.

"What happened? What do you need help with?" I replied to her. " They were fighting- I'll just take you there. Follow me." The girl grabbed my frist and pulled me inside the school. We ran as fast as we could.

When we stopped running I saw Mark. He was lying on the floor unconcious. The other dude. Christopher or whatever was just panicking, messing with his hair and walked back and forth.

"What did you do? WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM!!?" I yelled at the Chris guy. He just turned to me and said, "He attacked me, Alright! Am I just supposed to ignore that?" I got on my knees next to Mark and checked his pulse. "Yeah, you should've. He is alive, thank god." We all let out a sigh of relief.

"So what now?" The girl asks. "He just needs to wake up. Doesn't seem like he was hit or anything." I told her. His neck is red as if someone choked him or something but I'm not sure. "You could get some water." She looked through her purse and gave me a water bottle. "Here. I haven't opened it yet."

"Thank you. You can go now. Both of you." I looked at the dude, annoyed. To me the girl replied, "Don't you need help? I mean, he is a obviously taller than you." Why is this girl so sweet even tho she doesn't know what to do? Adorable. "No, thanks. He is my friend so I think we're good." I smiled at her and she smiled back. "Oh, okay. Bye then." The girl wawed at me and walked away. "Bye." I wawed back.

Chris guy went after the girl but from the looks of it, she doesn't wanna listen to him. What even happened? I'll just ask Mark later.

"Yo.." I heard a male voice and turned around. "Omg, you woke up. Drink this." Mark sat up leaning his back against the wall. I gave him the water bottle and our hands touched. Don't blush, don't blush, don't blush..
Mark smirked. "Thanks." He drank like half of it.

"So.. what happened?" I turned to him. He placed the bottle down and turned to me. "It's not even important. My neck just hurts a bit." He says touching his neck. "So he actually CHOKED YOU??!!" I could not believe how someone could do that.
"I was just surprised, I wasn't expecting it at all. Chill out." "BUT HE-" Mark took my hand to his, looked at me softly, "I'm fine now. Don't worry. Also, I'm sorry about this. Why did you come here tho? Weren't you sleeping?" His gaze and the gesture calmed me. "You don't need to be sorry. And yes, I was sleeping. I had more time to kill so I walked around."

"WaLkEd ArOuNd..." "Stop mocking me!" "StOp MoCkInG mE!" "Mark, I'm serious!" "mArK, iM sErIoUs, well I'm not." Mark took off running and I chased after him. "Get back here, I swear I'm the one choosing the movie and not you!"
He looked back and said, "If you say so, but I'm pretty sure I have better taste!" "I bet you're lying!"
"Alright, 100 bucks! I know I'm right!"
"You'll see you're the losing one! Because I never lose!"