♠ Fifteen (NSFW)

Ouch. Ouch. Ouch. That was the only word that was swirling itself around Zoe's brain, the flaming pain snaking its way through her wrist, flowing into her stomach and ribs. Darkness encased her mind, her thoughts collecting themselves together. What had happened? Why was the sensation of scorching pain riddling her body. Suddenly her body jolted, the memories came surging through to her. She'd been walking across the abandoned parking lot, her legs trying to carry her at a quick speed as she waited for Ronnie. That's when she was approached by them, they had followed her, waiting for the perfect opportunity to pounce. Her throat felt as if it was constricting again, the panic drowning her. The agony that had been inflicted upon her, the taste of iron in her mouth, her own blood. Her hair being wrenched backwards, the violent kick to her stomach. The nauseating feeling that had swept over her, the disgusting probability of what the three creeps were going to do to her. But, it never happened. A familiar voice had rung around in her brain, a weird sense of calm washing over her as she fell into the darkness. Ronnie. That's when Zoe could feel her eyes fighting the drowsy feeling, her brain and body starting to react. Forcing her eyes open, she was met with a blinding white light- I'm dead, she thought. Until she heard the faint beeping of machines around her, a clinical smell infusing her nostrils. Hospital. She felt her eyebrows knit together into some kind of confusion, allowing her mind to ease as she tried to figure out just exactly where she was. 

'Hey-' The same familiar voice she'd heard previously crashed through her ear drums. 

'Ronnie?' Zoe's voice was barely audible, her throat raw and sore. 

'I'm here- don't move too much' Even in the state she was in- which at this point she wasn't entirely sure how bad of a state it was- she couldn't help but get butterflies at his warm tone. Zoe managed to move her head slightly to the side, her eyes falling over Ronnie. He was sat in the hard plastic chair, his uniform shirt unbuttoned slightly, showing his black t-shirt underneath. His dark hair dishevelled, glasses pushed right up his nose and a worried expression painted over his face. He was undoubtedly fucking handsome. 

'What's the damage?' She croaked out, instantly glancing down at her right wrist. Sure enough, it was plastered up. So she had broken it. 

'Well, the obvious-' Ronnie waved a hand towards her wrist.

'But, also two cracked ribs and A LOT of bruises and cuts' His voice low- but something else was there- she just couldn't put her finger on it. Her unbroken hand fluttered to her stomach lightly, pursuing her lips. 

'So not too much damage then' She chuckled and then winced, laughing just wasn't worth the pain. 

'I should have been quicker to get to you' Ronnie stood up, his chair scraping against the tiles of the floor. 

'This isn't your fault, I don't think it made any difference which way I had gone. They were going to follow me no matter what' Zoe sighed out, her wrist was now aching and she was sure she could feel the cracks on her ribs. Ronnie was facing away from her, hands on his hips as he stared at the door. 

'I'm okay, just a few cuts and bruises' She tried to shrug it off, her eyes staying firmly glued to his back. That was until they dropped down to his ass, tilting her head, nodding to herself. Not bad, not bad. 

'They were going to-' His sentence hung in the air, Zoe snapping her eyes back up to his back as he turned around. His face had gone pale, his hands still placed on his hips. 

'I know what they had planned, but that didn't happen because you came right on time. My knight in shining armour' She pointed out, giving him a small smile. She couldn't thank him enough for showing up when he did. Before Ronnie could reply, a knock on the door broke them out of their conversation. The door swung open- great, Zoe thought to herself. Katherine.