:Inject Me Sweetly: Chapter Nine

Start from the beginning

"Samuel, put on a shirt."

"I would, Vivi, but I don't know where it is..."

Vincent sighed. "You're a moron."

I gave Samuel a pitying look. It was kind of nice to know Vincent didn't only make fun of me. My gaze then dropped to his bare chest. Immediately I looked away. I guess vampires being well defined isn't a myth...

"It's under the bed," Vincent continued, unfolding his arms. "Put it on and let's go."

"Where are you going?" I asked curiously.

"None of your business."

I scowled at him. Samuel spoke up. "We're going to put the cars in the garage," he informed me. "It's going to rain." His head turned towards the large window in my room. I followed, noticing the dark grey sky. It was only four in the afternoon.

"Although I can't see why the menservants can't do it..." Samuel continued as an after thought. "I don't want to waste my time."

"They don't know how to drive," Vincent responded in a belittling tone.

I stared at him. "Wait, you do have maids?"

"And menservants," Samuel added.

"You told me you didn't!"

Vincent rolled his eyes. "No, I never said we didn't. My mom just doesn't let us get away with having them do everything for us. During the morning we have to clean up after ourselves. After that the maids will do everything."

"I haven't seen a maid."

"You haven't left you room much."

"Surely I would have seen-"

Vincent cut me off. "Let's go, Samuel. I don't want to be caught in the rain."

Samuel nodded, following him to the door. After a moment of staring after them I hastened after them. "Wait!"

"What?"

"Can I come?"

Samuel raised an eyebrow while Vincent shook his head. "I'm planning on going to the store," he told me. "You're not allowed to leave the premises."

"Why not?" I complained. "I'm bored. Joel ditched me and I don't know where he is. I won't try to run away!"

Samuel offered me a smile. "It wouldn't be good in Vivi got in trouble with his parents..."

"Don't call me that," Vincent hissed, punching his friend in the shoulder. "And I don't care if I get in trouble with my parents."

"You know you'd never take Emily out without their permission," Samuel replied, smirking. "You'd be too scared."

Vincent glared at him. "No I wouldn't."

"Well the opportunity has arose..."

I stared at Vincent determinedly as he contemplated the idea, a scowl appearing on his face. After a few more minutes a smug expression appeared. "Okay, fine, Emily you can come," he announced.

"Really?"

"Do you want me to change my mind?"

I quickly shook my head. "No!"

"Then get on a coat," he ordered. "It's cold."

"Okay!" I responded cheerfully, turning towards my bag. Vincent could be surprisingly considerate sometimes. After a few moments of pawing through my clothes I found my peacoat, snatching it up, and throwing it on. "Ready."