yours forever and always 

~Zuko

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After setting my letter out to dry I head back to the deck of the ship to get some fresh air as I'm pretty frustrated with all my thoughts clearly running through my head. As I walk past Uncle my gaze becomes captivated by an incredible beacon of light. 

"Finally...Uncle do you realize what this means?!"

"I won't get to finish my game?"

"It means my search is about to come to an end"

Uncle sighs

"That light came from an incredibly powerful source. It has to be him!"

"Or it's just the celestial lights, we've been down this road before prince Zuko. I don't want you to get too excited over nothing. Please sit, why don't you enjoy a cup of calming jasmine tea"

"I DON'T NEED ANY CALMING TEA! I NEED TO CAPTURE THE AVATAR! HELMSMAN! HEAD A COURSE FOR THE LIGHT" 

"Prince Zuko-

"I'll be in my room uncle, I must prepare for the avatar's capture. I expect another fire bending lesson when I return"

With that I march back to my room.

As soon as I get inside my room I open my letter writing box and and take out the materials needed and write;

Dear Mai,

I believe I have found the avatar, if I am correct upon their capture I should be home in no less than a month. I might just be coming home my love.

yours,

Zuko

I roll up this letter along with the others written today and last night and place them in chronological order. Once rolled I bring it with me out of my room and start looking for Xiu to send the compiled letters to Mai.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mai's POV:

Walking through master Piandao's armoury I can do nothing but appreciate the level of craftsmanship this man has and wonder if I'll ever be able to master all of them. In my one year of training with Piandao I've mastered: the jian, the sai, shuriken, darts, archery, the crossbow, calligraphy, the combat sickle and scythe, the spear, the longsword, the war hammer, the dual axe and the dart knife. There are more I'm still in the process of learning but being here has made me the happiest I've been in a long time. Zuko suggested asking my parents again to train in Shu Jing but this time I convinced Azula it was somewhere I should go to learn more about the blade and once the princess agreed my parents had no choice but to say yes. Plus being back home is too stressful and boring. I don't have to hide my letters to and from Zuko and I no longer have to stress about being the perfect daughter. Especially now that my parents have Tom-Tom their basically rubbing it in my face how much they would've preferred me be a male fire bender and how little they care for me now that I'm no longer of use to them. 

"Lady Mai, I figured I'd find you here"

"Master Piandao, you should know by now this is my favourite room at your estate, Thank you again for training me here and showing such hospitality."

"Any friend of Zuko and Iroh's is a friend of mine, though the amount of letters we're receiving from the young prince makes me think your friendship is much more than I initially realized. How is my old student now anyway?"