1

~ 13 Years Later ~

Marissa POV:
"Marrissa honey, you have to wake up." I heard a voice say.

Groggily I mumbled "Just give me five more minutes." I heard a chuckle come from the person next to me, my mother.

"Sorry honey, but if you don't get up now we will be late for the plane, and you know how your father is about being on time." I just groaned, I love my mom and dad but it's too early. "If you won't get up I guess I'm just going to have to send Adrian in here to wake you."

That woke me up. I immediately opened my eyes and sat up. Adrian loves to wake me up in the worst ways possible. Last week it was a air horn, the week before it was ice water to the face, I've even been woken up to him completely John Cena-ing body slamming me on the bed. I have to admit that one hurt. "I'm up! I'm up!"

"Dang I was so ready to wake her!" I saw Adrain complain from my doorframe holding—oh great glad I dodged that— a whip cream pie he was undoubtedly going to slam in my face.

I got up and changed into some leggings and one of my brothers sweatshirts, I think it's Nik's but I'm not sure. They kinda gave up on me giving them back and I gave up on remembering who's is who's.

I walked downstairs and saw my family eating at the table. "Morning Sleeping Beauty." Nik commented sarcastically. I just stuck my tongue at him and rolled my eyes as I sat down next to him. Not that I would ever choose favorites, but Nik and I are the closest.

"Morning дорогой" my dad said coming over and kissing me on the cheek. "How'd you sleep?"
(Sweetheart)

"Okay, it would have been better if Adrian was a bit quieter when he snores. Even from across the hall it's so loud." I joked.

"I do not snore!" My eighteen year old brother retorted.

"Yes you do honey." Mom backed me up.

"Ya bro, it sounds like a dying horse." Pavel laughed.

"Nnnnnnnnn!" Nik imitated his snore, as everyone but Adrian laughed.

A few hours later and we were all on our private jet, we since it was spring break, we were all going on vacation to Greece. I got to choose the location this time since it was my turn. I've always wanted to go to Greece, the beaches are beautiful, very different from snowy New York, where I grew up.

I was on my phone when the pilot walked back to talk to my dad "Sir, we need to refuel, I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but we will be landing in Naples to refuel." My dad nodded went back to his laptop to work.

Thirty minutes later we landed in Naples and the pilot got out to refuel the plane when a man suddenly entered the plane with a gun.

Nik POV:
I was sitting next to Issa when a man boarded the jet, holding a gun.

Shit.

Everyone in my family noticed but before we could do anything I was grabbed then felt a cold metal object press against my head. Marrissa gasped as Adrian, dad, and Pavel pulled out their guns, and Issa was pushed behind Pavel.

"Drop your weapons." The man who was holding the gun to my head spoke with a thick Italian accent.

"Maybe you want to recount, you're outnumbered." Pavel announced. The man just laughed then I saw red dots on each of my family members, even Issa which made my blood boil.

"Like I said, lower your weapons." Knowing there was no way out of this my family lowered their weapons. "Good now come with me." The man demanded pushing me out the plane towards a black van. My family followed; once we got outside I saw many more men with guns. Mom was holding Issa to her side, and for the first time in a long time I saw dad worried. The man gave each of us a pat down and loaded us into the van, however he separated Issa, Adrian, and I from mom, dad, and Pavel, who went in another van. I held Issa as close as I could since their was a man holding a gun at us from the front seat to make sure we didn't do anything.

"Ник, что нам делать, мне страшно." Issa whispered to me in Russian so the men hopefully couldn't understand.
(Nik, what do we do, I'm scared.)

I just hugged her closer. "Я не знаю Иссу, просто оставайся со мной все время, хорошо." I whispered back.
(I don't know Issa, just stay by me at all times okay.)

I looked over to Adrian who looked frightened but he was trying to hide it. He looked like he was trying to figure a way out, but had no luck as we quickly pulled up to a large warehouse.

The men made us get out of the car, and walk to what I already know was a cell. When he opened the door, we saw mom, dad, and Pavel. "Thank god!" Mom shouted as we were pushed into the dirty, blood stained room.

Mom and dad searched us for injuries, after hugging us, and were glad to see we were okay. "Dad what do we do?" Adrian asked.

My dad looked at us fearful, "I don't know son, but once our men realize we didn't land in Greece, they will come looking for us." Just then the cell door opened to reveal many men with guns, giving me a first glance at out captors. "You." My dad sneered as I quickly wrapped my arms around Issa, so her face was in my chest. My family spent years making sure Issa's face and name was never known by other mafia's, for her own protection.

"Hello Vodim, what a coincidence seeing you here." Our captor—Lorenzo De Luca smirked. "Now let's skip the theatrics—" he stopped mid sentence as his eyes made it to my baby sister in my arms. "Well hello. I don't think I've had the pleasure in meeting the youngest Ivanov yet." I held her closer, my father took a step forward, as did Lorenzo, but was stopped when a guard cocked his weapon. "Don't be shy, I just wanna see the Russian mafia princess."

"Stay the hell away from my sister!" Pavel yelled, which was returned by him being pistol whipped.

"Nikolai was it, if you don't mind I'd like to see the young lady." Lorenzo spoke. I didn't move which caused Lorenzo to grow impatient and motion for one of his men to use a shock stick on me. I screamed in pain as I was forced to let go of my dear sister.

As I was on the floor regaining my strength, I watched as Lorenzo froze at Issa's face. "Marrissa?" Lorenzo muttered, lifting his hand to her cheek.

What the hell.

"Marrissa? Is that really you?" His eyes glossed over and formed tears?

"H-h-how do you know my name?" She mumbled fearfully. He turned to us full of anger then back at Issa.

"I need you to come with me."

Oh hell no.

Marrissa tried to nod her head no, but Lorenzo wasn't having it, he motioned for his men to give him something—I couldn't tell what. "I'm sorry Principessa." Lorenzo said before sticking a needle in my baby sisters neck.

She fell limp, but he caught her and picked her up bridal style, starting to walk out of the room.

"NO GET BACK HERE!" Pavel yelled as Adrian, Pavel, dad, mom, and I tried to fight past the guards to get her back. However something I will regret for the rest of my life, was we failed and Lorenzo had succeeded in taking my sister away from us.