Chapter 26

Saturday went by smoothly, Jisoo getting along with Nayeon and Mark as well as she did the first time they meet. Even though I knew they had got along the first time they had met, I was still surprised by how easily she talked to them. Of course, they knew all about Jisoo, having heard about her and her family when I visited them few summers back.

I could tell that they were shocked when I first introduced them and even expected them to text me before they got to meet her the second time asking about what had happened, yet I didn't get any text about her. I had been intending to ask them if they were curious, yet never got the chance.

Like last time, Jisoo made it clear that she liked them when we left. On our way into the cafe, I knew that Jisoo was nervous, for what reason I don't know, yet I could see the slight tension in her shoulders and the fact that she had asked me about them, trying to get conversational topics, on the way in.

After the awkward exchange when I asked her if she wanted to go with me, I had expected the drive on the way there to be as equally awkward, however, we spend most of the drive talking about our road trip yesterday.

"Jennie, did you hear me?" Rosé asks nervously from beside me on Monday morning on our way to study. I look over at her, all thoughts of Saturday going out of my head.

"Sorry, what?" I ask, bringing my focus back to her.

"Well, I had asked you... well, you know... you know they way Doyeon and Chahee are sick today. Well... Lisa had asked me earlier if I would sit with her during study and well I don't want you sitting by yourself and I was going to ask Doyeon because I didn't want to put you in an awkward situation..." Rosé mumbles, beating around what she was trying to say.

"Rosé, what are you trying to say?" I ask, walking around a couple of girls crowded around something in the hallway.

"I was going to ask Doyeon to come sit with me and Lisa during study, because I'm still nervous around Lisa and want some support." She says, looking like she regrets bringing this up. I watch her for a moment before I realise what she was asking.

"You want me to sit with you and Lisa?" I ask, hoping she would say no, even though that is exactly what she meant. To be honest, recently I have been wanting opportunities to be around Jisoo as much as possible, but to go near her during school, in front of everyone, I am extremely hesitant.

"Yes. I know I am awful for even asking you to sit near Jisoo. You don't have to if you don't want to." She tells me. I glance over at her and see that she actually looked pretty nervous, making me want to say yes to her, because I really did want it to work between her and Lisa.

"Ok, but you owe me," I tell her reluctantly, approaching the study room.

"Thank you!" She says, sounding relieved. She gives me a side hug as we walk, making us both laugh.

Coming up to the door, she pushes it open and walks in. I follow behind her the whole way over to the desk that Lisa, Jisoo and a few of the guys from the team were sitting at.

"Hey," Lisa says when she sees us approaching, not even looking surprised to see me there. I notice Jisoo look up and we make eye contact for a second. I can see a questioning look in her eyes, probably wondering what I was doing there.

"Hey," Rosé replies. I can see her glancing at the table and when I follow her gaze I notice that there are only two seats at the end of each row, one beside Lisa and the other beside Jisoo. I can see her glancing at me, an apologetic look in her eyes. I give her a small smile, dropping my bag to the floor and pulling out the seat beside Jisoo.

As I start to sit I feel a few eyes from the people around us watching me, probably wondering what was happening. I try and ignore them as I set my laptop on the table.