Grivers Into The Glade

Start from the beginning

Suddenly it claws and a boy gets plunged away from the group.

No! No!

I forget everything, my body on autopilot and rush to the Griver from behind. Chuck and Stan yell for me to stop but I have to save Newt and Thomas.

Where the hell is Minho?

I get a good distance from the Griver and fish out an arrow and balance it against the string, aiming at the creature. I close my left eye and shoot at it. The bow whistles by the air, hitting the back of its head.

The creature screech. I shoot another one on the same place. I see the boys understand the distraction and run to the homestead.

The Griver turns and screeches at me.

Fuccckkkk!!!!

I run towards the Deadheads.

Whhiiirrrrrr.... Cllliiiickkkkkkk....

I can understand that it is gaining in me. I can smell the rotten eggs and petrol-y smell it gives out.

I didn't miss it.

I don't want to die.I don't want to die.

Please let me go.

I thought that it would stop following me once I entered the Deadheads, but I am wrong.

Horribly wrong.

It is still following me. It courses through the trees, smashing them left and right. I am getting slower, as the branches keeps slapping me on my face.

The Griver screams, almost making me deaf. I can feel tears soaking my cheek. I know one thing for sure then.

It was here to kill me.

Specifically me.

I try to increase my speed, but I stumble over a root, falling face-down on the ground. The stones embeds in my skin and I feel a deep pain course through my body. Blood rush to my ears. I can clearly hear the pounding of my heartbeat. My breath is ragged.

I scramble up, but something yanks me back by my ankle.

I know I am screaming. I try to grab anything to stop myself from being dragged back. I hold on the root and tugged tightly on it, never wanting to let go.

Don't let go. Don't let go.

I close my eyes, using my last ounce of energy on holding onto the root. My hands are clammy with sweat and I can feel them slipping.

I don't want to die.

Suddenly, it lets go.

I hear it screeching and screaming, thrashing around , knocking of weak trees and branches. I look back.

Newt, Minho, Thomas and Stan.

They are all hitting the Griver with spears, knives, machetes. Minho has a long sword that he is barely able to keep it upright, but he continues slashing on it.

Newt looks for me in panic. He rushes towards me, cupping my face and scanned me for any injuries.

"Oh thank god." He sighs, before engulfs me into a huge hug, holding onto me tightly. He suddenly pushes me back and yells, looking at me with anger, "Are you jacked in head? What were you thinkin'?!"

"Newt."

"Were you even thinkin'? What would have happened if Stan didn't find me on time?"

"Newt!"