Chapter 4: A Single White Rose

Comincia dall'inizio

"Sebastian," someone said. She seemed so unsure of my name. I turned around to see Cameron.

"That's your name right," she said. I nodded. What did she think my name was?

"Well I asked Cody who he trusts most since he doesn't know much of our people. He told me you, so would you like to be his beta. His second in charge," she said. I must've had a confused look because she continued,"if something happens to him then you'll take over."

"Oh, well sure I guess," I said shrugging.

"Take in consideration that you're putting Mack in danger because to get to you they get her," Cody said like he knew what he was talking about. His eyes were all unfocused and he wasn't looking me in the face,"what happened yesterday in the hallway was you were feeling her emotional pain over...so to hurt you they get her and hurt you."

"Oh."

"I'm fine Seb, this is a great opportunity and I think you should take it," Mack said holding my hand.

"I don't know Mack," I whispered to her.

"You can't whisper because werewolves have superhuman hearing," she said.

"I know that," I said trying to play dumb. She raised her eyebrows at me.

"Sebastian what did you tell your father?" She asked me.

"I told him I'm running away. You don't have to worry about my parents though. My aunt is a hunter. She told us she hunts animals but I'm pretty sure she hunts wolves," I said making her eyes get wider.

"She was teaching you how to kill our kind," she assumed. I just stared at her.

"I know a lot about you but I would never kill a wolf. I watched them yes but she was always the one to kill them. I pleaded with her so many times not to but..."I trailed off because she got my point.

"Why didn't you tell me?" she asked starting to raise her voice.

"Mack calm down. I didn't think you needed to know," I said trying to get her to calm down. She looked like she was about to explode.

"Don't touch me," she said pulling her hand out of mine. I winced back from the pain I felt.

"Mackenzie, come on," I said looking back at Cameron and Cody.

"I wish I had a lamp," she said. Her eyes weren't filled with sadness anymore.

"Mack," I repeated. This time she came over to me and smacked me hard. I could see the pain in her own eyes but she didn't care.

"Don't talk to me Sebastian," she said turning from me and walking away. I went to follow her but something held me back.

"Let her calm down," Cody said holding onto my arm,"the longer you're apart she's going to come get you."

"You're talking like you know everything," I said pulling my arm from his. He just stared at me for awhile not answering.

"Sebastian, you remember that story you were telling me about the boy in the woods. That was my older brother and now I can see him," he said. I looked at Cam. What was she doing, brainwashing him?

"I didn't know you could lose your mind at such a young age," I murmured under my breath. He just rolled his eyes at me.

"His names Aiden. He went to kill the wolf that killed his family and he died doing that," Cody said. Again he was looking near me but not at me.

"I don't care," I said crossing my arms.

"Kenzie's very stubborn. Don't worry she'll come around," Cameron said smiling. It didn't help the ache in my heart.